Questions from a novice

Old June 16th 04, 10:23 PM
Ash

Default Questions from a novice

Hi,

I've just got myself a 3 year old 147 1.6 and would appreciate some help
with a couple of questions I have.

Firstly, when I first filled her up with fuel, the fuel warning lamp started
to flash. The flashing stopped the day after but then started again the day
after. its not flashed now for a week. Anyone know why it flashes ?

Secondly, how do I properly check the oil? The dip stick has two notches
about an inch apart. Should the level be in between the notches? If its
below, how do you know how much oil to put in ?

Thirdly, what oil should I use ?

TIA
Ash

Old June 17th 04, 07:43 AM
Frank Claasen

In answer to your questions:

1- Sounds like a small bug to me, have you checked what the manual say on
flash fuel lamps?
2- The distance between the 2 notches corresponds with one liter of oil. The
level should never be below minimum (try to avoid above maximum too) To
check the oil make sure the car is horizontal and hasn't been driving for a
while to give the oil the chance to settel. (I always check my oil on a
saturday morning) take the dipper out clean it and stick it in again, the
level should now be in between the notches)
3- Castrol GTX (either 5w40 or 10w40) it's not the cheapest but one of the
best!

Cheers,

Frank

Questions from a novice Ash Alfa Romeo 4 May 30th 04 11:17 AM
Questions from a novice Ash Alfa Romeo 4 May 16th 04 03:51 PM