Audi A4 Alarm System

Old July 28th 04, 09:05 PM
Henri Winterman

Default Audi A4 Alarm System

The alarm system on my Audi A4 2.4 functions correctly except there is no=
audible sound when the
alarm is activated (by triggering the ultrasonic sensor). The turn indicator=
lights flash showing
the alarm system has been triggered, but there is no audible sound. The=
vehicle horn works as
normal.

Does anybody have information or suggestions get the audible part of the=
alarm working.

Henri

Old July 29th 04, 08:48 AM
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Henri Winterman schrieb:

>Does anybody have information or suggestions get the audible part of the alarm working.

It might be possible for your dealer to switch the audible
confirmation on using the VAG tool. However, I'd recommend not doing
it. I'd be annoyed if any time my neighbor comes home a horn beeps
shortly. Especially when I'm asleep.

Why is the visual confirmation not enough for you?

>Henri

Regards

Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *
Old July 29th 04, 09:33 AM
Peter Bell

In message >
Wolfgang Pawlinetz > wrote:
> Why is the visual confirmation not enough for you?

I don't think Henri is talking about the 'confirmation bleep' on setting
the alarm - I think he's concerned that the alarm doesn't make a noise
when it is set of (by someone breaking into his car).

The alarm sounder is separate from the horn and is normally located
somewhere in the rear of the car (left hand side luggage compartment
locker?). I guess that it's possible that the sounder, or the
connection to it, is damaged. One way to check would be to enable the
'confirmation bleep', which can be done using the VAG-COM computer
software/cable. If the bleep (very discrete - I have it set on both my
RS6 and my wife's A2) is heard on locking the car, then the sounder and
its connections are okay.

Old July 29th 04, 10:24 AM
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Peter Bell schrieb:

>I don't think Henri is talking about the 'confirmation bleep' on setting
>the alarm - I think he's concerned that the alarm doesn't make a noise
>when it is set of (by someone breaking into his car).

Ah, sorry, my mistake.

>software/cable. If the bleep (very discrete - I have it set on both my
>RS6 and my wife's A2)

IMO it can't be discrete enough to not be a pain when one lives in the
city. I still can't grasp the usefulness.

Regards

Wolfgang
Old July 29th 04, 03:55 PM
daytripper

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:24:16 +0200, Wolfgang Pawlinetz >
wrote:

>Peter Bell schrieb:
>
>>I don't think Henri is talking about the 'confirmation bleep' on setting
>>the alarm - I think he's concerned that the alarm doesn't make a noise
>>when it is set of (by someone breaking into his car).

>Ah, sorry, my mistake.
>
>>software/cable. If the bleep (very discrete - I have it set on both my
>>RS6 and my wife's A2)

>IMO it can't be discrete enough to not be a pain when one lives in the
>city. I still can't grasp the usefulness.

Then you have a comprehension deficit. Sorry.

Knowing that the sounder ACTUALLY WORKS when you lock the vehicle - might that
give you the clue you need?

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd, with a sounder that I know works ;-)
Old July 29th 04, 04:04 PM
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

daytripper schrieb:

>Then you have a comprehension deficit. Sorry.

Not that I know of.

>Knowing that the sounder ACTUALLY WORKS when you lock the vehicle - might that
>give you the clue you need?

Yep, it does. I still hate being awakened by people locking their car
when they get home at 1 in the morning. :-)

>/daytripper
>'00 s4 6spd, with a sounder that I know works ;-)

btw. I checked. I haven't found a dedicated sonder for my factory
installed car alarm. It uses the car horn as far as I can see it.

Regards

Wolfgang
Old July 29th 04, 04:59 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
Wolfgang Pawlinetz > wrote:

> btw. I checked. I haven't found a dedicated sonder for my factory
> installed car alarm. It uses the car horn as far as I can see it.

That might be true on your 1999 A6. My 1996 A4 was the same. My 2000
A6, my 2003 RS6 and my wife's 2003 A2 all use a separate sounder.

Old July 30th 04, 08:21 AM
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Peter Bell schrieb:

>That might be true on your 1999 A6. My 1996 A4 was the same. My 2000
>A6, my 2003 RS6 and my wife's 2003 A2 all use a separate sounder.

Ah, one learns something new every day.

Thanks :-)

Regards

Wolfgang

Old August 7th 04, 07:40 PM
Petri Rehtonen

On 2004-08-07, Jim Battan > wrote:
> It means one of your doors or trunk is not closed fully.
>
> "Henri Winterman" > wrote in message news:200472820526.201026@tiny-rl...
> The alarm system on my Audi A4 2.4 functions correctly except there is no audible sound when the
> alarm is activated (by triggering the ultrasonic sensor). The turn indicator lights flash showing
> the alarm system has been triggered, but there is no audible sound. The vehicle horn works as
> normal.
>
> Does anybody have information or suggestions get the audible part of the alarm working.

VAG-COM should do the trick. Go to:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB5.html

And check the chapter:
35-Central Locks: -- KWP-1281

And your car was B5 right?

--
Petri Rehtonen

Car entertainment system. Antonio MichaelDe Palma Alfa Romeo 6 December 27th 04 10:54 AM
156 Alarm System Martyn Alfa Romeo 0 October 18th 04 01:53 AM
Will '96 Audi A6 A/C condensor fit in a '93 Audi 90-S? Ardo Audi 2 July 29th 04 02:17 PM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 July 27th 04 04:08 PM
2001 Audi TT Quattro FOR SALE Gary Audi 0 June 14th 04 03:46 PM