Rearview Mirror query

Old July 15th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.rec.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default Rearview Mirror query

Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein) wrote:
> Nate Nagel wrote:
>
>>yeah, what he said. Newer gm's use a torx screw to hold them on but
>>Bernard's other comments are still valid. If you're real
>>chea^H^H^H^Hfrugal, go to your local auto recycling emporium (aka
>>"junkyard") and unless you have one of those multi-function mirrors with
>>compass, thermometer, etc. built in you should be able to score a
>>serviceable replacement for $5 or less. Or check fleaBay if you live in
>>an area like I do where there's no junkyards in economical driving distance.
>>
>>good luck
>>
>>nate
>>
>>(wish I had a junkyard around here...)

> I wish I could send you some of ours. In fact, a lot of people
> indigenous to the region like junk yards so much, they start them in
> their yards.

LOL I guess I have one of those, it's called "my garage"

nate

(yes, everything in public view runs, drives, and is properly registered.)

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old July 15th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.rec.driving

Nate Nagel wrote:
>> I wish I could send you some of ours. In fact, a lot of people
>> indigenous to the region like junk yards so much, they start them in
>> their yards.
>>

>LOL I guess I have one of those, it's called "my garage"
>
>nate
>
>(yes, everything in public view runs, drives, and is properly registered.)

Well, until you get to the point where the neighborhood kids are using
the engine blocks suspended by chains slung from trees for swings,
you've got a way to go to play catch-up. :-)

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.
Old July 15th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth

bernard farquart > wrote:

> The cost of a replacement mirror is in the ten dollar range.

Sorry we don't deal in currencies from third world nations.

What's a dolar worth nowadays? About 25p isn't it?

**** off spammer (trad.)
Old July 15th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.rec.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Steve Firth wrote:
> bernard farquart > wrote:
>

>>The cost of a replacement mirror is in the ten dollar range.

> Sorry we don't deal in currencies from third world nations.
>
> What's a dolar worth nowadays? About 25p isn't it?

Perhaps you should hang out with Graham, your condescending xenophobia
matches his nicely.

>>(I sell alot of these at the parts store)

> **** off spammer (trad.)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you don't know
that Bernard is a regular poster and not in the habit of peddling
anything to other NG'ers.

nate

Old July 15th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth

Nate Nagel > wrote:

> Perhaps you should hang out with Graham, your condescending xenophobia
> matches his nicely.

Who the flyng **** is "Graham"? OTOH don't answer, I realy don't care.
Perhaps you parochial clods could wake up to the fact that the dollar is
sliding downhill faster than any of the competitors in the Winter
Olympics and that observation has **** all to do with xenophobia?

I can see plenty of justification for being condescending towards a
country that can't even manage a balance sheet. One day they will all
wake up to discover that China owns them, lock stock and barrel, black
poweder, shot, underwear and my doesn't your Mrs look fine BTW bend over
this barrel and take it like a man, hog boy.

> I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you don't know
> that Bernard is a regular poster and not in the habit of peddling
> anything to other NG'ers.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're too thick
to realise he's never posted here before.
Old July 15th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.rec.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Steve Firth wrote:
> Nate Nagel > wrote:
>

>>Perhaps you should hang out with Graham, your condescending xenophobia
>>matches his nicely.

> Who the flyng **** is "Graham"? OTOH don't answer, I realy don't care.
> Perhaps you parochial clods could wake up to the fact that the dollar is
> sliding downhill faster than any of the competitors in the Winter
> Olympics and that observation has **** all to do with xenophobia?
>
> I can see plenty of justification for being condescending towards a
> country that can't even manage a balance sheet. One day they will all
> wake up to discover that China owns them, lock stock and barrel, black
> poweder, shot, underwear and my doesn't your Mrs look fine BTW bend over
> this barrel and take it like a man, hog boy.
>

>>I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you don't know
>>that Bernard is a regular poster and not in the habit of peddling
>>anything to other NG'ers.

> I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're too thick
> to realise he's never posted here before.

Ah, I see...

does the phrase "**** right off" mean anything to you? I'm sorry I
tried to help anyone as unpleasant as yourself.

nate

Old July 15th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth

Nate Nagel > wrote:

> Ah, I see...
>
> does the phrase "**** right off" mean anything to you? I'm sorry I
> tried to help anyone as unpleasant as yourself.

I'm sorry you draw breath you pustulent gob****e. However this side of
Judge Dredd handing out mercy to drooling ****wads who don't check which
newsgroups they are posting their drivel to, I suppose I shall have to
put up with you. Or at least laugh at you as I laugh at the other
village idiots.

Perhaps next time you decide to come over all condescending, or indeed
decide to jump in in an attempt to be the heroic rescuer of your current
boyfriend you will look at the headers of your post. Somehow I doubt it.
Stupid is as stupid does and in your case that's standing on a hill in
lightning season flying a kite from a copper wire and shouting "I'm a
****ing atheist you *******!"
Old July 15th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.rec.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Steve Firth wrote:
> Nate Nagel > wrote:
>

>>Ah, I see...
>>
>>does the phrase "**** right off" mean anything to you? I'm sorry I
>>tried to help anyone as unpleasant as yourself.

> I'm sorry you draw breath you pustulent gob****e. However this side of
> Judge Dredd handing out mercy to drooling ****wads who don't check which
> newsgroups they are posting their drivel to, I suppose I shall have to
> put up with you. Or at least laugh at you as I laugh at the other
> village idiots.
>
> Perhaps next time you decide to come over all condescending, or indeed
> decide to jump in in an attempt to be the heroic rescuer of your current
> boyfriend you will look at the headers of your post. Somehow I doubt it.
> Stupid is as stupid does and in your case that's standing on a hill in
> lightning season flying a kite from a copper wire and shouting "I'm a
> ****ing atheist you *******!"

I fully realize that you're posting from the YooKay, and have for quite
some time. Might I remind you that the empire is no more, your cars are
****, your own government apparently doesn't trust you, and you don't
really have any grounds whatsoever to look down your nose and pretty
much any country outside of central Africa? Your accusing *me* of
condescension is quite rich, coming from a snotty prick like yourself.
Now go back you your precious little uk-specific groups and don't let
the door hit you in the ass - I mean arse - on the way out.

It's not like *I* barged into *your* little NG and immediately started
insulting the regulars, unlike some people.

nate

Old July 16th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth

Nate Nagel > wrote:

What do you call someone who ****s with follow-ups because he's scared
of beign shown up (again) in front of his drooling circle of chums?
Halfwit would seem to be an exaggeration of your cranial capacity.

> I fully realize that you're posting from the YooKay, and have for quite
> some time.

> Might I remind you that the empire is no more,

Try to keep up, the empire was dissolved decades ago. Does news travel
slowly in your part of the world?

> your cars are ****,

Oh indeed they are which is why so many of you merkins aspire to own
one.

> your own government apparently doesn't trust you,

Does the USA PATRIOT Act ring any bells? A president dumber than my cat
signed away all your rights in just 45 minutes. About the same time he
reckoned that Saddam's non-existent weapons could be got ready.

> and you don't really have any grounds whatsoever to look down your nose
> and pretty much any country outside of central Africa?

Says the person living in a country whose economy has gone down the
toilet leaving the currency in freefall, where business are busy
collapsing and the only way to keep the cretins who form a majority of
the population from rioting is to persuade them to go and get killed in
a desert.

> Your accusing *me* of condescension is quite rich,

Let's face it, we have people on the dole who are rich compared to most
of your citizens.

Here's a clue bozo, ****ing with follow-ups doesn't work.

> It's not like *I* barged into *your* little NG and immediately started
> insulting the regulars, unlike some people.

Aww bless, you look so funny when you pout and stamp your foot.
Old July 16th 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.rec.driving
bernard farquart

"Steve Firth" > wrote in message
> bernard farquart > wrote:
>

>> The cost of a replacement mirror is in the ten dollar range.

> Sorry we don't deal in currencies from third world nations.
>
> What's a dolar worth nowadays? About 25p isn't it?
>
>> (I sell alot of these at the parts store)

> **** off spammer (trad.)

Wouldn't I have to tell you where to purchase
something to be a spammer?

Since I did not mention
where he should buy his parts, just that he should,
I don't get the spammer comment.

Unless you are just inbred.

For a few hundred years or so.

That would explain it.

Bernard

Rearview mirror bug '59 VW air cooled 3 February 22nd 07 07:30 AM
The Windshield & Rearview Mirror Saga Joe Colella Chrysler 15 September 15th 06 09:04 PM
AWA [OFFER] rearview mirror, sun visor, truck mirror, jeep mirror [email protected] General 0 November 28th 05 11:55 AM
Help with rearview mirror problem! please! laurenlee04 BMW 3 July 6th 05 12:16 AM
Rearview Mirror Tab [email protected] Technology 6 June 11th 05 12:27 PM