RSC's banning getting out of hand

Old August 31st 05, 12:59 AM
elrikk

"Goy Larsen" > wrote in message
> Scirocco wrote:
>
> Well, what if this person has a Multiple Personality Disorder, then
> physically it would be the same person, but mentally it would be a
> totally different person ?
>
> Bet you never considered that ....
>

> Beers and cheers
> (uncle) Goy

We did.

Elrikk(s)

Old August 31st 05, 01:38 AM
Jeff Reid

>> Just a short visit and I already found 3 members that
>> have been "instabanned!". A new classification?

> So what? If a banned member makes another account and posts, why shouldn't they be banned? Afterall, it's the same
> person....

Well none of those instanbanned members were me, so if that
was the reason RSC banned them, then they were wrong to do so.
By my count, I see at least 4 instanbanned members, and 1
banned member. How many of those banned members were accused of being me?

Did anyone bother to check the ip's of my so called duplicates?
From one of the threads, a RSC moderator is just assuming these
members are me because they have posted about the warning system.
Get a little more proof next time, because RSC was wrong this
time.

However, you've proven my point, RSC's banning is getting out
of hand.

Old August 31st 05, 01:40 AM
Jeff Reid

>> So what? If a banned member makes another account and posts, why shouldn't
>> they be banned? Afterall, it's the same person....

> Well, what if this person has a Multiple Personality Disorder, then
> physically it would be the same person, but mentally it would be a
> totally different person ?
>
> Bet you never considered that ....

Well, what if RSC was just plain wrong in assuming that every
member that posts a question about the warning system is me?
Apparently RSC never considered that.

Old August 31st 05, 08:38 AM
Larry Lindstrom

Jeff Reid wrote:
> Just a short visit and I already found 3 members that
> have been "instabanned!". A new classification?

Hi Jeff:

You have helped me with setups before, and I have
the greatest respect and appreciation for you.

But who gives a ****?

Why are people going to these private forums anyway?

Why not bring whatever you are talking about in there
to RAS? Nobody gets banned here, and we can have some
discussion about racing for a change.

I participated, as a back marker, in RASF1 last
year, and this was a great forum for discussing our
activity.

Larry
Old August 31st 05, 12:57 PM
Jeff Reid

>> Just a short visit and I already found 3 members that
>> have been "instabanned!". A new classification?

> You have helped me with setups before, and I have
> the greatest respect and appreciation for you.

> Why are people going to these private forums anyway?

A few reasons, you can find forums related to specific
games, and there are archives that can be easily searched.
I can still do this with RSC, I just can't post there
any more. I have a list of about a dozen forums, but I
generally only visit 2 or 3 a day depending on what
games I'm currently active with.

There are other forum sites where it would be difficult to
keep up with cerain less popular games.

http://www.needforbetterspeed.net is an excellent source for
NFS4 - High Stakes, inlucding a new set of cars and track,
and an online chat / tcp-ip host program called IPLounge.
There's not a lot of activity since this is released, so
a new player looking for this would have a hard time finding
it in a newsgroup. This is also a very good site for Mercedes
Benz World Racing (lots of add-on cars).

I'll start posting non-RSC related content here at time warrants.

My most recent contribution is a video from GTLegends, the vette
on the GP course: http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/gtlvt.wmv

Although there are few need for speed fans here, and it has it's
own newsgroup, the sense of speed in this series has always
been impressive, so here are a few videos:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2sx.wmv
http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2ob.wmv
http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfs4cr.wmv

I'm not ashumed to enjoy both simulation and arcade type racing
games. I've had more fun with most of the need for speed series
than the first release of Live For Speed S1 - more accurately
named Live For Slow, with the faster cars like the LX6 being
very unstable. I spent the most time with NFS4 - High Stakes,
2 years on and off, and the next longest with GPL, almost 1
year on and off (GPL Rank of -5 in about 9 months of actual
play time).

Old August 31st 05, 02:08 PM
Goy Larsen

Jeff Reid wrote:

> >> So what? If a banned member makes another account and posts, why shouldn't
> >> they be banned? Afterall, it's the same person....

> > Well, what if this person has a Multiple Personality Disorder, then
> > physically it would be the same person, but mentally it would be a
> > totally different person ?
> >
> > Bet you never considered that ....

> Well, what if RSC was just plain wrong in assuming that every
> member that posts a question about the warning system is me?
> Apparently RSC never considered that.

Maybe they though you were all annoying gits and decided to ban you just
in case ?

Beers and cheers
(uncle) Goy
"goyl at nettx dot no"

"The Pits" http://www.theuspits.com/

"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
--Groucho Marx--
Old August 31st 05, 02:08 PM
Goy Larsen

elrikk wrote:

> "Goy Larsen" > wrote in message
> > Scirocco wrote:
> >
> > Well, what if this person has a Multiple Personality Disorder, then
> > physically it would be the same person, but mentally it would be a
> > totally different person ?
> >
> > Bet you never considered that ....
> >

> > Beers and cheers
> > (uncle) Goy

> We did.
>
> Elrikk(s)

Funny

Old August 31st 05, 02:14 PM

Yeah, the site was founded and run by 2 Europeans, the server is based
in Europe, and the vast majority of admins and moderators are european.
But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of anything here, vigilant
wants to get it out of his system regardless.

Old September 1st 05, 03:37 AM
Jeff Reid

Just saving these while browsing RSC. The count is up
to 8 victims so far (not including me, but I chose
to be banned rather than agree to special rules that
violated RSC's original agreement).

3 people instanbanned in just one thread, the implication
from RSC moderators is that they are all me (none of them are
me).

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=138737

2 in this thread although 1 is a duplicate from the above
thread, no explanation for why the bans in this thread.

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=220900

1 each in these threads, no explanation in the threads.

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=218787

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=216028

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=99377

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=70910