Chemtool B12

Old October 26th 07, 03:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Paul J. Veres

Default Chemtool B12

Has anyone tried using Chemtool B12 in 92-96 LT1? Any pros or cons?

--

1972 War Bonnet Yellow Corvette
1981 White Corvette

Old October 28th 07, 10:08 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ken[_9_]

On Oct 26, 7:31 am, "Paul J. Veres" > wrote:
> Has anyone tried using Chemtool B12 in 92-96 LT1? Any pros or cons?
>
> --
>
> 1972 War Bonnet Yellow Corvette
> 1981 White Corvette
> 1995 Competition Yellow Corvette

Using it for what?
I've use it cleaning up anything that needs a good solvent/cleaner.
But as for using it on fiberglass, don't ask me, and don't sue me if
your car melts

Old October 29th 07, 04:28 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Paul J. Veres

Ken, instead of giving a sarcastic answer, you could have looked it up and
saw that it is used in the gas tank, and cleans fuel injectors & other parts
of the intake system. Anyone that would use it on fiberglass would probably
severely damage their car. That's why I asked "in" not "on" a 1992-1996
LT1.

--
1972 War Bonnet Yellow Corvette
1981 White Corvette
1995 Competition Yellow Corvette
ups.com...

Old October 29th 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

>> On Oct 26, 7:31 am, "Paul J. Veres" >
>> wrote:
>>> Has anyone tried using Chemtool B12 in a 92-96 LT1?
>>> Any pros or cons?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> 1972 War Bonnet Yellow Corvette
>>> 1981 White Corvette
>>> 1995 Competition Yellow Corvette

Lucas Fuel Treatment is a better product.
http://tinyurl.com/ljvzj
been using it for years.....

my2¢
--
'Key
=====

Old October 30th 07, 03:09 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ken[_9_]

Old October 30th 07, 03:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ken[_9_]

On Oct 28, 9:28 pm, "Paul J. Veres" > wrote:
> Ken, instead of giving a sarcastic answer, you could have looked it up

Why should I?
I'm looking at an aerosol can of Berryman's B-12 Chemtool right now,
know full well what it's used for, although I wouldn't suggest
spraying it into an gas tank

Old October 31st 07, 02:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jon[_6_]

Ken wrote:

> Why should I?
> I'm looking at an aerosol can of Berryman's B-12 Chemtool right now,
> know full well what it's used for, although I wouldn't suggest
> spraying it into an gas tank

Exactly. It was originally made for cleaning external carburetor
parts. I've used it for years to clean any type of small moving parts,
springs etc. and have never heard of anyone using it as a gasoline
additive.
Old October 31st 07, 01:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Paul J. Veres

http://www.berrymanproducts.com/Default.aspx?tabid=140

Old October 31st 07, 05:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"Jon" > wrote in message
> Ken wrote:
>
>> Why should I?
>> I'm looking at an aerosol can of Berryman's B-12 Chemtool
>> right now,
>> know full well what it's used for, although I wouldn't
>> suggest
>> spraying it into an gas tank
>>

> Exactly. It was originally made for cleaning external
> carburetor parts. I've used it for years to clean any
> type of small moving parts, springs etc. and have never
> heard of anyone using it as a gasoline additive.

This is probably confused with:
B-12 CHEMTOOL® GAS TREATMENT CARB CLEANER
Formulated with High Energy Solvent Technology (H.E.S.T.) to
clean all internal fuel system circuits by chemically
dissolving varnish, carbon, and gum deposits. Thoroughly
cleans fuel jets, carburetor circuits, fuel pump, and
combustion chamber for faster starts, smoother idling and
maximum fuel economy. Catalytic converter and oxygen sensor
safe.
Part #0112 NET 11 fl. oz. Pour Bottle

Old November 28th 07, 08:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Ken wrote:

>On Oct 28, 9:28 pm, "Paul J. Veres" > wrote:
>

>>Ken, instead of giving a sarcastic answer, you could have looked it up
>>

>Why should I?
>I'm looking at an aerosol can of Berryman's B-12 Chemtool right now,
>know full well what it's used for, although I wouldn't suggest
>spraying it into an gas tank

I think they market a pour in tank cleaner now-a-days.......

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler