New dodge van???

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 5th 05, 01:55 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default New dodge van???

Hello.

My 1991 dodge caravan has bitten the dust with almost
180,000 miles on it.
I purchased it used 1997 with about 85,000 miles on it,
and after fixing some initial problems on it(mostly with computer boards), I
had a nice sound dependable vehicle, which my family loved.
We left the rear seat out, and really banged around with it. Only
got about 13 to 15 miles per gallon(had the 6 cylinder) but loved it.
It just me and my wife now(kids have their own vehicles) and
the car has died and is gone.
We dont drive very much anymore, maybee six thousand miles a
year, mostly to go shopping, errands, pick up wife at work, etc.
We really like the room of a van, and was considering getting
basically a stock 4 cylinder dodge caravan. The only option, I really need
is cruise control.
The caravan with the rebates are almost down to 15,000
dollars.
Okay, the point I am asking, is if a new 4 cylinder dodge
caravan, is so a bad car these days, that I will have nothing but headaches
and regret buying the vehicle?
We have considered, for another five thousand or so, going with
the highlander, which is a very highly rated vehicle, but five thousand
less, and all the extra room, would be nice. And the driver side room, is a
bit more roomy, for my midsection, that seems to expand as I have gotten
older.
So, would I really be buying a big headache, or would I be
picking myself up a new bargain, especially the way I drive?

Thanks for listening.

Don't buy Dodge justme Dodge 10 July 13th 05 06:40 AM
dodge ram transmission problem jacktober Technology 1 July 10th 05 05:26 PM
Got to love that HEMI. Here is some info on it. In our Dodge and Jeep Scott S. Dodge 0 March 31st 05 10:36 AM
1996 Dodge Grand Caravan LE AC/Heater Blower, Relay and Resistor Block Problems 101 HeadlessHorseman Dodge 0 January 5th 05 02:49 PM