4runner repair question

Old March 15th 04, 10:54 PM
T.B.

Default 4runner repair question

first off, sorry for the crossposting, i hope I didn't **** anyone off; and
if i did, sorry!

i just bought a 1996 toyota 4runner and have had it less than a week and it
seems like the driver's side front window came off track and jammed the
locking mechanism for the driver door. Thus, I cannot get the door opened
at all. The window won't go down all the way either. I can't get the door
panel off to look at what is going on in there because there isn't enough
room since it won't even open.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? if so, what did it cost to fix?
Is there anyway I can fix it myself? I"m fairly mechanically inclined and
would like to at least try?

any and all suggestions/advice appreciated...

TB in Austin
remove NOSPAM to reply via email

Old March 16th 04, 12:56 AM
T.B.

i did get the armrest off fairly easily and there are two bolts underneath
that that I removed. I also removed the screw/bolt that is right underneath
the interior door handle. It didn't seem to really make a difference with
those all out. I still couldn't see what the problem was, and I couldn't
get the top half of the door panel removed and it seemed like I was having
to force it and that is not good.

please help me figure this one out as the dealer is quoting me over $200 to
fix it!

TB in Austin
.. .

Old March 16th 04, 12:56 AM
T.B.

Old March 16th 04, 01:02 AM
T.B.

i also had a service mechanic here in austin say that I may have to remove
the driver's seat in order to get proper access to the lock mechanism.

does that sound right?

TB in Austin

Old March 16th 04, 01:02 AM
T.B.

Old March 16th 04, 01:08 AM
T.B.

does the interior door panel separate into a top and bottom half? after
studying it for awhile, it looks like it does. If so, is there anyway to
get that top half off without removing the bottom half? If I could do that,
I think I would be in business...

TB in Austin

Old March 16th 04, 01:08 AM
T.B.