Help,!!flush brake fluid or replace all brake parts!!!

Old January 9th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Help,!!flush brake fluid or replace all brake parts!!!

Went to our cheap tire store and had a brake check.Do we need
pads?fluid?NOOOO
You might as well junk that 93 astro van because of contaminated brake
fluid,you need
$1700 to replace all rubber parts in brake system.We are not rich and
cannot put $1700
in a 93 van thats really a nice ride otherwise.
Could it be that no service company would dare make a partial fix to a
problem like this
because the yellow pages are overflowing with lawyers just waiting to
point out if the1700
fix had been done these poor people wouldnt have run over our clients
cat!
Just FYI ,lawyers control all that is easily fixed as opposed to all
that must be fixed without fear of legal liability.SOOOOOO
considering I myself put in only dot3 (albeit old dot3) fluid....
1.Can the brake system be flushed first ,then replace as
needed...MC,rubber hose..wheel cylinders in a logical order of
importance.
Has anyone ever asked the junkyard guy "Hey that car looks nice,is the
engine blown?"
"no runs good"..."frame bad ,front end shot" "Nope" "Well whys that
great lookin car sitting there junked?"
"bad brake fluid"

Old January 9th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

What ARE you talking about???

Old January 10th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

you are the victim of someone trying to profit from your ignorance. i
have never in 35 years of working exp. encountered a vehicle in which
condition you stated. carry your car somewhere else. hell, i could
replace that whole system for 700 dollars!

Old January 10th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

The only way the entire brake system could be contaminated to the point of
needing to overhaul the system is if oil somehow got in the brake fluid
and ruined all the seals. Chances are your fluid is dark green or black
from years of sitting and absorbing moisture, and it just needs a good
flushing. And I also hate lawyers.

Old January 11th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Sounds like someone is trying to sucker you for unnecessary repairs. I
would flush and then replace things only as necessary (hoses if
cracked, cylinders if leaking, etc).