Thermostat

Old December 15th 10, 03:32 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

Default Thermostat

"Catman" > wrote in message
> On 15/12/2010 09:32, GT wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> eb.com...
>>> I completely forgot to ask them to change the thermostat at my last
>>> service. The temp gauge sits around or below 70 and should be at 90. In
>>> the
>>> recent cold weather, it has hardly gone over 65 and it takes about 20
>>> minutes before proper hot air comes through to the cabin. Its always
>>> been
>>> low, but it seems to be getting worse. The GT I had last month was warm
>>> within a few minutes and blowing hot air at me after about 3 miles!

>> Thank you all for your help over the last few weeks on this matter. I can
>> now report that it is sorted out. Mr Moose is up.. its done.. done...
>> done...
>>
>> Put the front half of the car in the garage yesterday (junk in other
>> half)
>> and spent all yesterday evening under the hood. Took air hose off, took
>> out
>> battery, took out battery tray and got good access to the thermostat
>> housing. Pulled the hose off easily [1] and gravity drained and caught
>> the
>> fluid. Replaced the thermostat housing and sensor [2] and filled up
>> again.
>> Put everything back on and closed my eyes and turned the key. Within 2
>> minutes, warm air through vents. Quick drive round block and engine temp
>> hits about 91 (was peaking at about 55-60 after 10 mins down motorway
>> last
>> week), heaters make my toes warm again. Happy bunny.

> /me looks quietly smug

Quick rightly too - you and others told me this was the problem. Thanks
again bud.

Old December 15th 10, 06:10 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:29:23 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>/me looks quietly smug

Oi you. Point of order!! I think you'll find it was *me* that was
first to say "just change it". Harrumph..the bare-faced cheek of it.
Do you steal the neighbour's milk too... ;-)

Mutter..mutter..saunters off, far too modest/grumpy to look smug,
stops, turns round and shouts..and another thing, boyo, I was good
enough to advise the poor bloke not fanny about testing the bloody
thing in the freezing cold weather ya heartless old bandit.

...I think that covers most of my issues here..turns and runs,
sharpish.. :-)

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old December 15th 10, 06:38 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Jim[_32_]

On 15/12/2010 17:10, Zathras wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:29:23 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> /me looks quietly smug

> Oi you. Point of order!! I think you'll find it was *me* that was
> first to say "just change it". Harrumph..the bare-faced cheek of it.
> Do you steal the neighbour's milk too... ;-)
>
> Mutter..mutter..saunters off, far too modest/grumpy to look smug,
> stops, turns round and shouts..and another thing, boyo, I was good
> enough to advise the poor bloke not fanny about testing the bloody
> thing in the freezing cold weather ya heartless old bandit.
>
> ..I think that covers most of my issues here..turns and runs,
> sharpish.. :-)

Now now.......don't get falling out!
Old December 15th 10, 06:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 15/12/2010 17:10, Zathras wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:29:23 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> /me looks quietly smug

> Oi you. Point of order!! I think you'll find it was *me* that was
> first to say "just change it". Harrumph..the bare-faced cheek of it.
> Do you steal the neighbour's milk too... ;-)

Well, yes

> Mutter..mutter..saunters off, far too modest/grumpy to look smug,
> stops, turns round and shouts..and another thing, boyo, I was good
> enough to advise the poor bloke not fanny about testing the bloody
> thing in the freezing cold weather ya heartless old bandit.

It would have been a valuable life lesson.

> ..I think that covers most of my issues here..turns and runs,
> sharpish.. :-)

No, no, can;t you go? Must you stay?

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old December 15th 10, 10:53 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:38:31 +0000, Jim > wrote:

>On 15/12/2010 17:10, Zathras wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:29:23 +0000, Catman
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> /me looks quietly smug

>> Oi you. Point of order!! I think you'll find it was *me* that was
>> first to say "just change it". Harrumph..the bare-faced cheek of it.
>> Do you steal the neighbour's milk too... ;-)
>>
>> Mutter..mutter..saunters off, far too modest/grumpy to look smug,
>> stops, turns round and shouts..and another thing, boyo, I was good
>> enough to advise the poor bloke not fanny about testing the bloody
>> thing in the freezing cold weather ya heartless old bandit.
>>
>> ..I think that covers most of my issues here..turns and runs,
>> sharpish.. :-)
>>

>Now now.......don't get falling out!

...and you just keep out of it. 8-)

Old December 15th 10, 10:59 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:46:23 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>On 15/12/2010 17:10, Zathras wrote:

>>..and another thing, boyo, I was good
>> enough to advise the poor bloke not fanny about testing the bloody
>> thing in the freezing cold weather ya heartless old bandit.

>It would have been a valuable life lesson.

Doh..oooh..all right..I'll grant you that one....just!

Meeeaaaaaoooowwww.

Old December 16th 10, 09:59 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 15/12/2010 21:53, Zathras wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:38:31 +0000, > wrote:
>
>> On 15/12/2010 17:10, Zathras wrote:
>>> On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:29:23 +0000, Catman

>>> Oi you. Point of order!! I think you'll find it was *me* that was
>>> first to say "just change it". Harrumph..the bare-faced cheek of it.
>>> Do you steal the neighbour's milk too... ;-)
>>>
>>> Mutter..mutter..saunters off, far too modest/grumpy to look smug,
>>> stops, turns round and shouts..and another thing, boyo, I was good
>>> enough to advise the poor bloke not fanny about testing the bloody
>>> thing in the freezing cold weather ya heartless old bandit.
>>>
>>> ..I think that covers most of my issues here..turns and runs,
>>> sharpish.. :-)
>>>

>> Now now.......don't get falling out!

> ..and you just keep out of it. 8-)

Let's gang up on him

Old December 16th 10, 12:07 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Jim[_32_]

On 16/12/2010 08:59, Catman wrote:
> On 15/12/2010 21:53, Zathras wrote:

>>> Now now.......don't get falling out!

>> ..and you just keep out of it. 8-)
>>

> Let's gang up on him

Oh cheers.....I'm orf.

Honda thermostat fixed + how to test your thermostat... [email protected] Honda 5 March 18th 09 03:33 AM
'79 Thermostat JohnO Ford Mustang 7 January 2nd 07 04:10 PM
thermostat! Steve VW air cooled 15 December 31st 05 09:36 AM
thermostat XY Alfa Romeo 1 October 28th 05 11:54 AM
Thermostat Randall Brink VW air cooled 23 February 6th 05 04:31 PM