Again frozen door weatherstriip.

Old January 30th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Again frozen door weatherstriip.

We've had some icy misty foggy nights here in NJ.
My door weatherstripping on my 2002 Protege had some minor problems
with being frozen to the door frame.

In the fall I used a rag and sprayed it liberally with Permatex
silicone and wiped several times the weatherstripping and door frame
where it makes contact. I even did it TWICE.

I still had minor problems with freezing. God forbid I had NOT used the
silicone.

Yet my 92 Toyota PU has NO problems with sticking with NOTHING done to
it and parked right next to one another.

Suggestions ??????
TIA

Old January 30th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I'd try WD-40 I believe it will leave just a trace of lubricant. If that
doesn't work, I'd do something crazy like wiping a thin film of Vaseline. I
said crazy! Probably work though.

Chris
99BBB

oups.com...

Old January 31st 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Oil based lubricants can make things worse in the long term. They tend to
cause the rubber to soften (OK) and become sticky (Not so good) It depends
on the seal composition. Cleaning the seals and the mating surface, as well
as waxing the mating surface may help. The really old seals were happiest
when talcum powder was applied. (A bit messy though)

Lift struts frozen? DougW Jeep 19 February 28th 06 12:30 AM
Leaking (frozen) windows [email protected] Ford Explorer 5 November 28th 05 07:01 PM
sticking, frozen 68 VW bug brakes [email protected] VW air cooled 4 January 15th 05 12:01 AM
91 Dodge Colt...frozen? Son of Sam Technology 18 January 8th 05 03:22 PM
Why Won't a Frozen Battery Start a Vehicle. Denny B General 1 January 30th 04 02:48 AM