took the NB plunge!

Old November 8th 05, 06:52 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

Default took the NB plunge!

Oh boy, I really did it! I found a low milage (39k) 1999 base model for the
right price and picked it up tonight! I'm rather excited but I'll try not to
blather on too much in this one post. This one has a Jackson Racing header
and a monster-flow intake (beautiful growl with the pedal down, completely
stealth when your foots not in it) and a functional roll bar!

Couple quick questions (miata.net has enough contrasting opinions in the
forums that it'll take weeks to wade through), My 92's seats are far
superior, I'm thinking of recovering them and transferring them in. I get
the initial impression that this will work. Input?

Secondly, I'd love to be able to transfer my KYB shocks and FM sway bars.
Most of the threads I found talked about putting NB shock / spring
assemblies into NA cars for some travel and stability improvements. Does
anyone know if it's safe to assume that there would be a down side to
bringing the NA shock / spring assembly's into the NB? On the compatability
guide it says that the sway bars don't work but then it says 'mounting
points are turned 90 degrees, can be done using adjustable end links' or
some such. Input?

More later,
Chris
99 BLK/BLK/BLK

Old November 8th 05, 12:19 PM
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Oh boy, I really did it! I found a low milage (39k) 1999 base model for the
> right price and picked it up tonight! I'm rather excited but I'll try not to
> blather on too much in this one post. This one has a Jackson Racing header
> and a monster-flow intake (beautiful growl with the pedal down, completely
> stealth when your foots not in it) and a functional roll bar!
>
> Couple quick questions (miata.net has enough contrasting opinions in the
> forums that it'll take weeks to wade through), My 92's seats are far
> superior, I'm thinking of recovering them and transferring them in. I get
> the initial impression that this will work. Input?
>
> Secondly, I'd love to be able to transfer my KYB shocks and FM sway bars.
> Most of the threads I found talked about putting NB shock / spring
> assemblies into NA cars for some travel and stability improvements. Does
> anyone know if it's safe to assume that there would be a down side to
> bringing the NA shock / spring assembly's into the NB? On the compatability
> guide it says that the sway bars don't work but then it says 'mounting
> points are turned 90 degrees, can be done using adjustable end links' or
> some such. Input?
>
> More later,
> Chris
> 99 BLK/BLK/BLK

I can't help with these questions, but congrats!

I have differing opinions on the features and looks of the 3 different
miata models, but you have the only one that Mazda ever offered with a
great-looking steering wheel, imho. Also, for the NB, I think that black
is THE color to get.

No red for you this time? ;-)

Pat

Old November 8th 05, 07:28 PM
Chris D'Agnolo

Pat, you crack me up! No Red for me please!

I'm assuming you're referring to the Nardi steering wheel, this car is the
base model and I guess due to that, doesn't have it! BOOOOOO!

I agree NA and NC steering wheels are horrible!

Chris

Old November 9th 05, 02:07 PM
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Pat, you crack me up! No Red for me please!
>
> I'm assuming you're referring to the Nardi steering wheel, this car is the
> base model and I guess due to that, doesn't have it! BOOOOOO!
>
> I agree NA and NC steering wheels are horrible!
>
> Chris

I guess once you drive black, there is just no going back. ;-)

These song lyrics made me think of your new purchase.....

"I, I'm driving black on black
Just got my license back
I got this feeling in my veins this train is coming off the track
I'll ask polite if the devil needs a ride
Because the angel on my right ain't hanging out with me tonight"

Pat

Took the Plunge! Tom Howlin Mazda 17 February 20th 05 02:29 PM
Tip Chip - taking the plunge... Mike Smith VW water cooled 5 October 22nd 04 04:00 PM