I Wish I'd Thought of This!

Old February 1st 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default I Wish I'd Thought of This!

Why don't you give us a link that works, you idiot?

Old February 1st 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Around 1/31/2006 6:27 PM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> Why don't you give us a link that works, you idiot?

If you take your hand off your dick for just a sec and actually click on
the link Scott provided, it'll work just fine.
Moron.

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old February 26th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 31 Jan 2006 18:27:44 -0800, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> was understood to have stated the following:

>Why don't you give us a link that works, you idiot?

You gotta be pretty damned stupid to not be able to follow a link.

Oh, that's right, you're retarded.

--

"Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend" brags of it's homosexuallity:

the guys at the bath-house stopped laughing at my 3 inch weenie.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...1dd649fb?hl=en

Joshua Calvert > demonstrates his lack of understanding of the terms "sarcasm", "irony", and "hypocrisy":
Poor rightard, forced to whine about an 40 year old event.
Old February 26th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Ted 'defend me and be a criminal coddler' Kennedy:

> You gotta be pretty damned stupid to not be able to follow a link.

You gotta remember that this is someone named "Laura Bush murdered her
boyfriend," that you're talking about....

> Oh, that's right, you're retarded.

touche....

BTW, you've been quiet lately. You still in Miami?

Old February 27th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:33:32 -0500, necromancer
> was understood to have stated the following:

>> Ted 'defend me and be a criminal coddler' Kennedy:

>> You gotta be pretty damned stupid to not be able to follow a link.

>You gotta remember that this is someone named "Laura Bush murdered her
>boyfriend," that you're talking about....

Agreed. :-)

>> Oh, that's right, you're retarded.

>touche....
>
>BTW, you've been quiet lately. You still in Miami?

Nah, I'm moving up the coast. I'm at Merrit Island, near Cape
Canaveral, although I start to move westward within the next 16 hours.
The reason I've been quiet lately is because the only places I've been
able to stay have been DIVES with no internet access. I don't care to
use the corporate laptop and aircard for playing with my favorite
troll; I *hate* thinkpads. I should be fairly vocal over the next 2
and a half weeks, though; probably bitching about Loco Laura's
stupidity and the drivers in the Orlando area. :-/

Here's a GPS "snap" of a part of yesterday's travels:

: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...ude=-80.851886

You wouldn't believe how much stupidity I saw coming up the coast on
interstate 95. Saw two dumbass gals trying to wreck each other playing
leap-frog on an exit ramp on I95 in Fort Lauderdale. Reminded me of
that article that was posted in the group fairly recently about the
two SUV drivers road-raging each other. Damned shame I couldn't bring
my piston on the flight down to FL, considering that I received it on
a automobile journey down here last year. Man, it was *so* tempting to
not stow it in the trunk on the way out of the state. )

Old February 27th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Ted 'defend me and be a criminal coddler' Kennedy:
> Nah, I'm moving up the coast. I'm at Merrit Island, near Cape
> Canaveral, although I start to move westward within the next 16 hours.
> The reason I've been quiet lately is because the only places I've been
> able to stay have been DIVES with no internet access.

Fl's known to have alot of those...

> I don't care to
> use the corporate laptop and aircard for playing with my favorite
> troll; I *hate* thinkpads.

Don't blame you to not want to use the company computer. No telling what
type of spyware they have on it.

> I should be fairly vocal over the next 2
> and a half weeks, though; probably bitching about Loco Laura's
> stupidity and the drivers in the Orlando area. :-/

Haven't been that way in a few months, but Orlando seemed to be
developing into a big parking lot the last few times. Loco Laura ought
to love it there. You can barely get over 50 on some roads because of
the congestion.

> Here's a GPS "snap" of a part of yesterday's travels:
>
> : http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...ude=-80.851886
>
> You wouldn't believe how much stupidity I saw coming up the coast on
> interstate 95.

Yeah, I would.... ;-)

> Saw two dumbass gals trying to wreck each other playing
> leap-frog on an exit ramp on I95 in Fort Lauderdale. Reminded me of
> that article that was posted in the group fairly recently about the
> two SUV drivers road-raging each other. Damned shame I couldn't bring
> my piston on the flight down to FL, considering that I received it on
> a automobile journey down here last year. Man, it was *so* tempting to
> not stow it in the trunk on the way out of the state. )

Be careful about that. FL is the pre-text stop capital of the world,
IMO....

Old February 27th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:45:12 -0500, necromancer
> was understood to have stated the following:

>> Ted 'defend me and be a criminal coddler' Kennedy:
>> Nah, I'm moving up the coast. I'm at Merrit Island, near Cape
>> Canaveral, although I start to move westward within the next 16 hours.
>> The reason I've been quiet lately is because the only places I've been
>> able to stay have been DIVES with no internet access.

>Fl's known to have alot of those...

Well, so far my corporate journeys have been restricted to northern
California, and southern & south-eastern Florida, and this has been
since January 16th. I was in two hotels in NoCal, and at least 8 in
FL. Granted, room rates are starting to rise because of tourist
season, and that's limiting the quality of the hotels I can stay at.
So far, out of my stays I've enjoyed LaQuinta & Holiday Inn express
the most. I stayed in a Wyndham on first arrival to Miami, but they
wanted $10 per day for internet access. My trainer thought the Wyndham
was "da bomb", but it was one of the worst three places I've stayed
at. I've got a decent room at a decent rate for the next 17 days,
unless my schedule changes. If it does, I think I'll tell corporate
they can get someone else to do this. :-)

>> I don't care to
>> use the corporate laptop and aircard for playing with my favorite
>> troll; I *hate* thinkpads.

>Don't blame you to not want to use the company computer. No telling what
>type of spyware they have on it.

Ah, our IT department isn't exactly on top of things like that.
Definitely the most inept group of IT staff I've ever dealt with. The
concept of "work smarter, not harder" is *very* lost on them, although
in a *very* few areas they've got some pretty cool stuff going on.
Outside of that domain, though, they are pretty well lost. You
wouldn't believe how long it took our staff to get our local DNS
server set up properly to support lookups for 540 servers; well over
three months. When I was *finally* (after three months of bitching,
begging, and screaming) given the address list, I had it ready for
them in about 20 minutes. They went from 340 errant entries to 1.
<grin>

>> I should be fairly vocal over the next 2
>> and a half weeks, though; probably bitching about Loco Laura's
>> stupidity and the drivers in the Orlando area. :-/

>Haven't been that way in a few months, but Orlando seemed to be
>developing into a big parking lot the last few times. Loco Laura ought

I'm noticing that Delorme is estimating about twice as long as I would
normally think it would take to drive the distances on it's routes; I
wonder if they have that much information in their map files? <grin>

>to love it there. You can barely get over 50 on some roads because of
>the congestion.

Thanks for the heads up; fortunately for the remainder of this leg of
the journey I'll be traveling outside of peak traffic hours.

>> Here's a GPS "snap" of a part of yesterday's travels:
>>
>> : http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...ude=-80.851886
>>
>> You wouldn't believe how much stupidity I saw coming up the coast on
>> interstate 95.

>Yeah, I would.... ;-)

So what area are you in?

>> Saw two dumbass gals trying to wreck each other playing
>> leap-frog on an exit ramp on I95 in Fort Lauderdale. Reminded me of
>> that article that was posted in the group fairly recently about the
>> two SUV drivers road-raging each other. Damned shame I couldn't bring
>> my piston on the flight down to FL, considering that I received it on
>> a automobile journey down here last year. Man, it was *so* tempting to
>> not stow it in the trunk on the way out of the state. )

>Be careful about that. FL is the pre-text stop capital of the world,
>IMO....

"pre-text stop"? I'm sorry, but I'm lost on this reference?

--

"Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend" brags of it's homosexuallity:
the guys at the bath-house stopped laughing at my 3 inch weenie.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...1dd649fb?hl=en

"Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend" brags of it's ability to operate a vehicle:
I must be doing something right to go 3 1/2 years without a fatal crash.
: http://groups.google.com/group/misc....e8a61824?hl=en

Old February 27th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:06:57 -0500, Ted 'defend me and be a criminal
coddler' Kennedy > was understood to have stated
the following:

>>Be careful about that. FL is the pre-text stop capital of the world,
>>IMO....

>"pre-text stop"? I'm sorry, but I'm lost on this reference?

Ah, I gotcha. <slapping head on keyboard>

Old February 27th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:10:20 -0500, Ted 'defend me and be a criminal
coddler' Kennedy > was understood to have stated
the following:

>>>Be careful about that. FL is the pre-text stop capital of the world,
>>>IMO....

>>"pre-text stop"? I'm sorry, but I'm lost on this reference?

>Ah, I gotcha. <slapping head on keyboard>

And have an example to elaborate. Right after landing in Fort
Lauderdale and getting my rental, I was on the way to my check in to
the hotel when I got blue-lighted. I figured I was speeding (wasn't
paying attention to the speedometer) so I had my license and insurance
out. Cop came to the window, looked at my paperwork, and noticed the
powered up laptop with the map of the area in the passenger seat.
Asked me where I was coming from, to which I replied the airport. He
handed my paper back to me and stated he was looking for someone
else??

But I got pulled over the night before in my home state of South
Carolina, after I left an intersection. Cop approached the car to find
my paperwork ready, and asked if I knew why he had pulled me over. I
stated that I did not, and he stated that I hadn't stopped at the stop
sign. I told him that was strange, as I abhor when other drivers don't
stop at stop signs, and that I'm a firm believer in doing onto others
as I would have them do onto me. He handed my paperwork back and told
me to be careful in the future.

Old February 27th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Ted 'defend me and be a criminal coddler' Kennedy:

> Well, so far my corporate journeys have been restricted to northern
> California, and southern & south-eastern Florida, and this has been
> since January 16th. I was in two hotels in NoCal, and at least 8 in
> FL. Granted, room rates are starting to rise because of tourist
> season, and that's limiting the quality of the hotels I can stay at.

Yeah, this can be the pricy time to stay - especially in the
Orlando/Daytona area with the 500, then Bike Week and then spring break
back to back to back...

> So far, out of my stays I've enjoyed LaQuinta & Holiday Inn express
> the most. I stayed in a Wyndham on first arrival to Miami, but they
> wanted $10 per day for internet access. My trainer thought the Wyndham
> was "da bomb", but it was one of the worst three places I've stayed
> at. I've got a decent room at a decent rate for the next 17 days,
> unless my schedule changes. If it does, I think I'll tell corporate
> they can get someone else to do this. :-)

I generally like Holiday Inns when I travel (especially if they have an
attached restaurant/bar :-) ). Stayed at a LaQuinta once - hated it;
what a dump - Never been to a Wyndham (can't justify the price tag).

> Thanks for the heads up; fortunately for the remainder of this leg of
> the journey I'll be traveling outside of peak traffic hours.

Generally, the expressways are the way to go if you don't mind the
tolls. My understanding is that 408 is a bit of a construction mess, so
yo might want to avoid that one.

> >> Here's a GPS "snap" of a part of yesterday's travels:
> >>
> >> : http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...ude=-80.851886
> >>
> >> You wouldn't believe how much stupidity I saw coming up the coast on
> >> interstate 95.

> >Yeah, I would.... ;-)

> So what area are you in?

Brunswick, GA. (see a couple of my rants on the area from the weekend
osted here...)

See: http://tinyurl.com/zoekk