Saw a retarded LLBer pull in front of a fire truck with it's lights flashing and it's siren blaring.

Old November 23rd 05, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Saw a retarded LLBer pull in front of a fire truck with it's lights flashing and it's siren blaring.

I arrived at work a few minutes early today, so I went upstairs to
enjoy the view from the balcony of the tallest building in my small
burg. A minute or two after my arrival, four fire trucks departed,
sirens wailing, from the dispatch center a couple of blocks away.

Somehow or another, some retarded LLBer managed to pull into the
procession, between the third and fourth trucks in the procession. This
forced the fourth truck to break hard enough that you saw a noticeable
dip on the front end of the truck. What makes matters worse is that
this LLBing retard managed to travel for at least half a block before
the 'driver' realized he was blocking the progress of an emergency
vehicle with it's sirens wailing. When the LLBer finally did figure
it out, he turned his wheels hard to the right, meaning he overshot the
lane he should have been in, and ran up on the curb.

Hopefully we'll be lucky and that at some point in the future, when
this LLBing retard, or some member of it's family, needs emergency
assistance, some other clueless LLBing retard will increase the
response time needed for his assistance.

People this ****ing clueless really have no reason to be alive.

Old November 23rd 05, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

wrote in
ups.com:

> I arrived at work a few minutes early today, so I went upstairs to
> enjoy the view from the balcony of the tallest building in my small
> burg. A minute or two after my arrival, four fire trucks departed,
> sirens wailing, from the dispatch center a couple of blocks away.
>
> Somehow or another, some retarded LLBer managed to pull into the
> procession, between the third and fourth trucks in the procession. This
> forced the fourth truck to break hard enough that you saw a noticeable
> dip on the front end of the truck. What makes matters worse is that
> this LLBing retard managed to travel for at least half a block before
> the 'driver' realized he was blocking the progress of an emergency
> vehicle with it's sirens wailing. When the LLBer finally did figure
> it out, he turned his wheels hard to the right, meaning he overshot the
> lane he should have been in, and ran up on the curb.
>
> Hopefully we'll be lucky and that at some point in the future, when
> this LLBing retard, or some member of it's family, needs emergency
> assistance, some other clueless LLBing retard will increase the
> response time needed for his assistance.
>
> People this ****ing clueless really have no reason to be alive.

Now here's a reason to have video cameras installed on emergency
vehicles;the clueless who interfere with them can be recorded and later
cited with a (should be)HUGE fine.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old November 23rd 05, 01:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jim Yanik wrote:
> wrote in

<SNIP>

> Now here's a reason to have video cameras installed on emergency
> vehicles;the clueless who interfere with them can be recorded and later
> cited with a (should be)HUGE fine.

Agreed, and incarcaration would be helpful as well.

Old November 23rd 05, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:28:14 +1100, Sir Lex > wrote:

>TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantMistress.dwpj65@spam gourmet.com wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> People this ****ing clueless really have no reason to be alive.
>>

>This illustrates another problem with red light cameras...
>
>I have a red light camera outside my office, the road my office is on is
>a main road often used by emergency vehicles. I have seen many clueless
>drivers who absolutely refuse to budge when their light is red and there
>is an emergency vehicle behind them under lights and sirens, even when
>it is clear that all other traffic has stopped. I can only assume these
>drivers are worried about getting fined by the camera for proceeding
>through the red light (of course, this won't happen when there is an
>emergency vehicle in the photo), and are obviously completely oblivious
>to the fact that they are possibly endangering the life of someone in
>need of urgent medical assistance.
>
>I look forward to the day when I'm sitting at a red light camera
>enforced intersection and an emergency vehicle comes up behind me. I
>will do my best to smoke it up through the intersection, then acquire
>the picture from the city's camera office and frame it :-D

There is no guarantee that the emergency vehicle will even get in the photo,
and the "courts" that they have set up around here for red light cameras are of
the Australian Marsupial variety - that is, you ain't gonna get out of the
ticket, no way, no how.

Chalk it up to the monumentally bad idea of red light cameras in the 1st place.
The more this **** happens, the more likely that this nonsense will be canceled
and the red light cameras taken down.

Dave Head

Old November 23rd 05, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Yeah - like anyone believes anything you say. HAHAHA.

Old November 23rd 05, 05:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

, <TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantMistress.dwpj65@spam gourmet.com> was
motivated to say this in rec.autos.driving on 22 Nov 2005 16:25:51 -
0800:

> Hopefully we'll be lucky and that at some point in the future, when
> this LLBing retard, or some member of it's family, needs emergency
> assistance, some other clueless LLBing retard will increase the
> response time needed for his assistance.
>
> People this ****ing clueless really have no reason to be alive.

Sounds like that fireman exercised alot of what Brent calls "infinite
wisdom," to not use that truck to just push the retard off the road.
Old November 23rd 05, 06:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Sir Lex wrote:
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > People this ****ing clueless really have no reason to be alive.
> >

> This illustrates another problem with red light cameras...
>
> I have a red light camera outside my office, the road my office is on is
> a main road often used by emergency vehicles. I have seen many clueless
> drivers who absolutely refuse to budge when their light is red and there
> is an emergency vehicle behind them under lights and sirens, even when
> it is clear that all other traffic has stopped. I can only assume these
> drivers are worried about getting fined by the camera for proceeding
> through the red light (of course, this won't happen when there is an
> emergency vehicle in the photo), and are obviously completely oblivious
> to the fact that they are possibly endangering the life of someone in
> need of urgent medical assistance.

Unfortunately, that's not the way people think. People think about
themselves first. They don't trust area governments to make exceptions
where exceptions are due (like the above example: People shouldn't be
fined for traffic offenses made when trying to clear out of the
right-of-way of an emergency vehicle). This is a good reason why
red-light cameras and photo radar are a bad idea. Sure, you could
probably challenge the ticket and win, but a lot of people are too
pressed for money and time to be able to do such, especially in corrupt
places like DC, who make it notoriously difficult to challenge any kind
of ticket like that. I think it's fair to say that I would probably do
the same thing in that circumstance, with the hope that if enough
people did it, that the emergency medical responders would complain to
local officials and have more clout than an average citizen.

Old November 23rd 05, 01:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Unfortunately, that's not the way people think. People think about
> themselves first. They don't trust area governments to make exceptions
> where exceptions are due (like the above example: People shouldn't be
> fined for traffic offenses made when trying to clear out of the
> right-of-way of an emergency vehicle). This is a good reason why
> red-light cameras and photo radar are a bad idea. Sure, you could
> probably challenge the ticket and win, but a lot of people are too
> pressed for money and time to be able to do such, especially in corrupt
> places like DC, who make it notoriously difficult to challenge any kind
> of ticket like that. I think it's fair to say that I would probably do
> the same thing in that circumstance, with the hope that if enough
> people did it, that the emergency medical responders would complain to
> local officials and have more clout than an average citizen.

Yup. I'd be trying to move over somehow to get out of the way, but there is
no fricking way I'd enter the intersection on red if I knew there was a
red-light camera. Count me as one of the millions who does NOT trust
government to make exceptions where exceptions are due. I HAVE blown red
lights in the past to get out of the way of ambulances running code. I
wouldn't do it at any intersection known to have a red light camera,
hough. -Dave