What's Up With These Minivan Drivers?

Old November 19th 05, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,alt.politics

Default What's Up With These Minivan Drivers?

In article >,
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE > wrote:
>>My theory is that they are pussy-whipped Walter Mitty types who were
>>forced by their wives to buy a minivan, and they pour their
>>frustration and despair through the gas pedal.

>THEORY??? It's a proven scientific fact that all big-vehicle drivers
>are gutless homos who get pushed around in life and then get on the
>highways with their 6000 pound tank and say "ok - now i'm gonna do
>the pushing."

Yes. And the sun rises in the east. This is newsworthy, because?

Old November 19th 05, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán, > was motivated to say
this in rec.autos.driving on Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:31:37 -0800:

> I wonder if he went to the pool hall and told all his buddies "I beat
> a Corvette tonight!!??"

OR picking up the kiddies from "play date," (or what ever they call
it)...

--
necromancer

"Married Man...Married Man
Drives Around In A Minivan
Got A Wife And Some Kids
His Whole Life's On The Skids
Hey There...
There Goes The Married Man"
--The Big Show

Old November 20th 05, 01:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Why do so many male minivan drivers drive their POS vehicles so
> aggressively and fast? Just this evening some moron in an Odyssey
> accelerated to over 70 MPH and cut across 3 lanes of traffic just so
> he could cut in front of me to get to a turn lane (there was plenty of
> room behind my car for him to merge, and I wasn't exactly dawdling,
> but NOOOO!!!! Macho Man had to be in FRONT!). I see this kind of ****
> pretty regularly, too - these guys drive their minivans as if their
> throttle and brakes were binary input devices.
>
> My theory is that they are pussy-whipped Walter Mitty types who were
> forced by their wives to buy a minivan, and they pour their
> frustration and despair through the gas pedal.
>
> What do you think?

I'm not a fan of the manivan, though I can understand that some people
who'd otherwise buy an SUV buy them for the hauling **** purpose. A
single friend who has no kids but plays guitar for a metal band owns
one.

He's definitely not the stereotypical minivan owner, since it's used
regularly for hauling **** and rarely has more than the two front seats
in it, but it makes sense for how often he uses it to carry stuff.

But I'd refer to these as manivans from now on, to differentiate from
the soccer mom driven ones (mumivans?) Either way you can play the
Which Illegal Manuever Comes Next? game while driving near them.

Dave

Old November 20th 05, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

yawn

Old November 21st 05, 02:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:59:15 -0600, "Dan J.S." > wrote:
>
>>I have a 4runner and the sienna mini van. Have you driven a new mini van
>>lately? the sienna accelerates to 60 MPH in like 7.5 seconds.

> How about the braking? How about the cornering?
>
>>They are not wimpy any more and very practical.

> OK, but do you drive yours around like it's a race car?

No, because the only time I drive it is with kids in there... but I am also
not some slow poke, I keep up with traffic well.

Millions of illegals on roads, but let's screw US citizen teen drivers instead arminius Driving 3 September 24th 05 08:35 PM
1987 Toyota minivan: the driver's door handle isn't working Rod Technology 3 July 28th 05 02:51 PM
The Nation's Worst Drivers [email protected] Ford Mustang 22 May 31st 05 01:56 AM
Drives me crazy MidnightDad Driving 35 April 26th 05 03:05 AM
Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight! [email protected] Simulators 34 February 18th 05 01:37 AM