Grocery cart damages

Old November 18th 05, 01:07 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving

Default Grocery cart damages

"Tush Smells Bush Kills!!!!!!!!!!!" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have a great idea for this. Stores should charge a quarter for the
> use of the cart. Then refund the quarter when you return the cart to a
> designated stall. Most are such penny pinchers, they would definately
> return the cart. Some may even grab other carts.

Aldi's does that. There are still carts all over their parking lot.

Old November 18th 05, 01:37 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving

Tush Smells Bush Kills!!!!!!!!!!! wrote:
> I have a great idea for this. Stores should charge a quarter for the
> use of the cart. Then refund the quarter when you return the cart to a
> designated stall. Most are such penny pinchers, they would definately
> return the cart. Some may even grab other carts.

Nice idea; it should be extended to all product packaging too. $5 deposit
for a big mac wrapper, $3 a cigarette butt for example. There goes the
litter problem!

Old November 18th 05, 02:50 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:22:12 -0800, "Amy M." >
wrote:

>It never ceases to amaze me about how lazy and inconsiderate American
>shoppers are in the parking lots. My car gets several dents by rolling carts
>left by lazy shoppers, who wouldn't take a couple of minutes to bring the
>cart back into the rack/stall.

You want to know what the safest spot in the parking lot is WRT
shopping cart dings? THE SPOT RIGHT NEXT TO THE CART CORRAL, because
few (if any) shopping carts ever get near that area.

This is one of the common-sense parking strategies that has kept the
vehicles I drive ding-free since 1991.

Old November 18th 05, 03:20 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving

"Amy M." > wrote in message
> It never ceases to amaze me about how lazy and inconsiderate American
> shoppers are in the parking lots. My car gets several dents by rolling
> carts left by lazy shoppers, who wouldn't take a couple of minutes to
> bring the cart back into the rack/stall.
>
> In Europe the overhead cost on having grocery workers collecting carts in
> the parking lot was reduced, thanks to a very effective system. In the US,
> I have not seen one business adopt such system. Is this a cultural
> problem? I notice the lazyass people are more in abundance in the US.
> Sometime I saw a macho guy leaving the shopping cart at the parking stall
> right next to his Ford Expedition SUV. It just happened that he left the
> empty cart at a handicap spot. This caused an old lady to get out of her
> car to move the cart after the idiot had drove off.
>
> I am not sure what the jerk in the SUV was made of, but it wouldn't
> surprise me if his brain was filled with dog excrement. But then again,
> what can we expect from people driving super-size SUVs. They are no less
> than a bunch of urban terrorists!

Is your issue with SUV drivers or lazy Americans. Or maybe the fact you were
abused when growing up?

Old November 18th 05, 03:44 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving

Amy M., > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:22:12 -0800:
> It never ceases to amaze me about how lazy and inconsiderate American
> shoppers are in the parking lots. My car gets several dents by rolling carts
> left by lazy shoppers, who wouldn't take a couple of minutes to bring the
> cart back into the rack/stall.

Very few things that I see these days amaze me...

> In Europe the overhead cost on having grocery workers collecting carts in
> the parking lot was reduced, thanks to a very effective system. In the US, I
> have not seen one business adopt such system. Is this a cultural problem? I

There is little incentive for the business to have someone roundup the
carts except to prevent the loss of the carts themselves, and from my
observations, that is not a concern of most businesses.

> notice the lazyass people are more in abundance in the US. Sometime I saw a
> macho guy leaving the shopping cart at the parking stall right next to his
> Ford Expedition SUV. It just happened that he left the empty cart at a
> handicap spot. This caused an old lady to get out of her car to move the
> cart after the idiot had drove off.
>
> I am not sure what the jerk in the SUV was made of,

God only knows, and maybe it is best kept that way...

> but it wouldn't surprise
> me if his brain was filled with dog excrement.

Good guess...

> But then again, what can we
> expect from people driving super-size SUVs. They are no less than a bunch of
> urban terrorists!

And I've seen luzers in Geo Metros do the same thing. What does that
make them, judy??

--
necromancer
Old November 18th 05, 04:57 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving

On Fri, 17 Nov 2005, Tush Smells Bush Kills!!!!!!!!!!! wrote:

> I have a great idea for this. Stores should charge a quarter for the use
> of the cart. Then refund the quarter when you return the cart to a
> designated stall.

That's how it works at virtually every supermarket here in Toronto. Each
shopping cart has a little chain-and-slot device on the handlebar. There's
a key at the end of the chain, which is just long enough to reach the next
cart when the cart has been nested into another cart. To obtain a cart,
you put a quarter in the coin slot, which pops the next cart's key out of
your cart. When you're finished with your cart, you put it in the stall,
and put the next cart's key in your cart's keyslot. Pop! You get your
quarter back.

There are almost never stray carts in the car park.

Old November 18th 05, 04:58 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Bill wrote:

> Yes, but it's a pain to have to have a quarter to get a cart.

Only for thoughtless whiners (like you, apparently).
Old November 18th 05, 05:07 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving

> lazy shoppers, who wouldn't take a couple of minutes to bring
> the cart back

Probably
(a) they're all out of puff after removing the outermost packaging and
protective styrofoam from large or bulk purchases and strewing it
around,
or
(b) the remains of their spilled or half-eaten food-court items have
left the cart too icky to deal with.

In some instances it is complicated by
(c) the person who has traffic backed up halfway to the street while
waiting for someone to leave Just The Right Parking Spot is making
things too crowded and dangerous to get back to the cart area.

> It just happened that he left the empty cart at a handicap spot.

Well, he *meant* to push it halfway up the curb right in front of his
own car like everybody else, but the sidewalk was already full of other
shopping carts.

Anyway, it's good hard data for the social sciences. How far is too
far to go in extending courtesy to others in a public place? About
twenty feet on average, is my guess, if you're pushing a shopping cart
at a big-box store.

Don't even get me started on the people who abandon their dead
batteries, bleach bottles of presumed-toxic petroleumesque
who-knows-what, old tires, or in some cases their entire defunct car
(not to mention the ever present diaper)...

--Joe

Old November 18th 05, 05:09 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 05:21:04 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
> was understood to have stated the following:

>A better solution is just to
>drive a beater like i do and then you don't care.

Even if you were given a new car, your ineptitude behind the wheel
would result in it being a beater in no time. Perhaps if you learned
how to drive you wouldn't be running into everything. You might
consider slowing down in school zones; you might main or kill some
poor kid. Is that why your car has so many dents in it? You've been
mowing down kids in your trailer park?

--

"Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend" brags of it's homosexuallity:

the guys at the bath-house stopped laughing at my 3 inch weenie.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...1dd649fb?hl=en

Joshua Calvert > demonstrates his lack of understanding of the terms "sarcasm", "irony", and "hypocrisy":
Poor rightard, forced to whine about an 40 year old event.

S-E Games Announces Long-Awaited "Cart" Sim jason moyer Simulators 1 September 23rd 05 08:04 AM
Buying BMW parts via onine shopping cart Paul Aspinall BMW 0 July 13th 05 01:05 PM
Sloth at grocery stores Tim Driving 6 January 17th 05 03:44 PM
Supreme Court Limits Damages to $1,000 for Misleading Loans MrPepper11 General 14 December 4th 04 06:21 PM
Are auto repair shops liable for damages? sean General 1 May 20th 04 01:10 AM