Good body shop in Dallas?

Old July 25th 05, 02:06 PM
Richard Gecko

Default Good body shop in Dallas?

My 2003 Pilot took a pretty good hit in the front. Unibody intact, but
quarter is panel is nasty. Looking for a good body shop in Dallas.

Suggestions appreciated.

(to the list, please)

Gordon

Old July 25th 05, 04:08 PM
Phill Pittman

"Best of Show" on Miller ( I think) in Garland has done a couple of repairs
for me. Very pleased so far. They actually cleaned up a badly blotched job
by Prestige Ford.

Good luck, Phill

--
Phill Pittman

www.masterwerkes.com

Old July 25th 05, 06:38 PM

I dunno.

But at least one of the Honda dealers (Frisco?) sends their bodywork to
David McDavid Acura in Plano (They'll work on anything. The Saturn
dealer next door sends theirs over too).

McDavid used to do really, really class work, and assigned one
individual to take it all the way through. It was literally "better
than new." They'd find the smallest problems with a microscope and get
it fixed properly.

Now McDavid has a new multi-million dollar downdraft paint facility,
and everything is now done piecemeal by lots of people.

The result is: the paint has a pretty decent finish but they put clear
coat on too thick. They scraped my perfectly good spoiler by dragging
it on the ground (!) and the fix was quite substandard. A lot of the
little details were not addressed, even after I pointed them out. They
took substantially longer to fix the car than they estimated. And, the
delay wasn't all caused by the 2 supplements from the insurance company
to address the damage they should have found in the first place.
Apparently if you have a non-Acura, they don't always get
miscellanenous clips and do-dads in-house, on time, to finish the
project.

In short, a fairly poor showing for $4,600. I would have been
extremely put out, but ultimately sold the car and the problem. They
would be my first choice, but this experience in October 2004 ended
that idea.

At least they could put on a good finish. Sewell on LBJ (previously
Meiers Infiniti) did a real poor paint job and tried to send me away
with a broken fog light, on a $5,000+ job a few years ago. That
location is now closed, for good reason.

Old July 25th 05, 07:15 PM
Sami

Best Choice Auto & Body does excellent work.

Old July 25th 05, 07:32 PM
Steven Krycho

Whatever you do, DON"T use Service King. They screw up the wiring in my
truck.
oups.com...

Old July 25th 05, 09:18 PM
Ryan Huettner

Can't recommend highly enough:
Stuart's Paint and Body, on Miller Rd.

If they're good enough to do mostly Ferrari and Porsche, you'll be happy
with your Pilot.

Old July 25th 05, 09:50 PM
Scott Van Nest

I will second the David McDavid. They took an almost totalled Ody and made
it look damn near new. the paint is nice, the person buffing killed it
afterwards. but they stood by their work for the warranty period, no
questions asked. my insurance bill was $17,000 just to give you an idea.
All front end work.

Scott
oups.com...

Old July 25th 05, 10:10 PM
Curtis

I think it is called Miracle, by Irving mall. The miracle is that these
crap faced liars/cheaters/asswipes are still in business.

Old July 25th 05, 10:20 PM
K-Man

Where is located?

--