VWoA shines again :)

Old November 7th 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Default VWoA shines again :)

I just tried to order a filter oil pump for a mexican 1600 beetle
through a local VW dealer in Orlando. I had part numbers and all.
He tells me he is really sorry, my part numbers are valid and all, but
VWoA will not ALLOW him to order the parts for me and no dealership will
have them in the US, because the mexican made beetles were never
imported into USA. So.. the parts are available and everyone knows where
and whan numbers, but the corporate will not LET us get them. That's
customer service!
He suggested I call directly to a dealership in Mexico and order them
from there.

I'm waiting for a reply from Aircooled.net where I see something like
that listed on the site
Old November 7th 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 17:31:08 +0100, Jan Andersson
> wrote:

> I just tried to order a filter oil pump for a mexican 1600 beetle
> through a local VW dealer in Orlando. I had part numbers and all.
> He tells me he is really sorry, my part numbers are valid and all, but
> VWoA will not ALLOW him to order the parts for me and no dealership will
> have them in the US, because the mexican made beetles were never
> imported into USA. So.. the parts are available and everyone knows where
> and whan numbers, but the corporate will not LET us get them. That's
> customer service!
> He suggested I call directly to a dealership in Mexico and order them
> from there.
>

> I'm waiting for a reply from Aircooled.net where I see something like
> that listed on the site

MMm. There was a better solution some time back, think it was a stock part
too. The filter sat inside the enginebay, sort of an oilcooler adapter
with a filter attachment. Did you ever see one of those?

J.
Old November 7th 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Stafford[_3_]

Thanks for the heads-up, Jan.

And here is to John C, aircooled.net for being there for the rest of us.
Old November 7th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Stafford[_3_]

In article >,
"P.J.Berg" > wrote:

> MMm. There was a better solution some time back, think it was a stock part
> too. The filter sat inside the enginebay, sort of an oilcooler adapter
> with a filter attachment. Did you ever see one of those?

Not quite like that. Any links to one?
Old November 7th 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bugnut68

On Nov 7, 2:31*pm, John Stafford > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *"P.J.Berg" > wrote:
> > MMm. There was a better solution some time back, think it was a stock part *
> > too. The filter sat inside the enginebay, sort of an oilcooler adapter *
> > with a filter attachment. Did you ever see one of those?

> Not quite like that. Any links to one?

I think there's a guy on the Samba that sells Mexican VW parts
direct. Dont' have his name off the top of my head, but it seemed
like he had a bunch of ads in the classifieds... maybe he can be found
in the feedback forum over there? Anthony Tejas, or something like
that?

Oh, and as far as I'm concerned, VWOA can eat my ****. I wouldn't
ever even dream of buying a new, overpriced, Mercedes/BMW wannabe POS
that Volkswagen is manufacturing today, especially in light of how
they've **** on the air-cooled VW hobby.
Old November 8th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 23:31:21 +0100, John Stafford >
wrote:

> In article >,
> "P.J.Berg" > wrote:
>

>> MMm. There was a better solution some time back, think it was a stock
>> part
>> too. The filter sat inside the enginebay, sort of an oilcooler adapter
>> with a filter attachment. Did you ever see one of those?

> Not quite like that. Any links to one?

Nope, afraid not. Don't have any details, might have been a Brazilian
built beetle, I don't know..

J.

Old November 8th 09, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill[_3_]

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...l.php?id=84077
Old November 9th 09, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Bill wrote:

> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...l.php?id=84077

Thank You!

Jan
Old November 9th 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 01:41:06 +0100, Jan Andersson
> wrote:

> Bill wrote:
>> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...l.php?id=84077

> Thank You!
>
> Jan

Not so sure, Hotmail reply addy...

J.
Old November 9th 09, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

P.J.Berg wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 01:41:06 +0100, Jan Andersson
> > wrote:
>
>> Bill wrote:
>>> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...l.php?id=84077

>> Thank You!
>>
>> Jan

> Not so sure, Hotmail reply addy...
>
> J.

he replied to me and it seems he has sent parts to Finland before, has a
customer in the same city I used to live in for a while. Shipping quote
was very reasonable. This pump would go to Finland.