US Marines at DUI checkpoints.

Old December 17th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

Default US Marines at DUI checkpoints.

Seems the kooks are right again....

http://www.duiblog.com/2008/12/16/he...ui-roadblocks/

CHP to Conduct Sobriety/Driver.s License Checkpoint

The Morongo office of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) in conjunction
with the San Bernardino Sheriff.s Department and the USMC military
police will conduct a joint sobriety/driver license checkpoint on
Friday, December 12, 2008, somewhere in the unincorporated/incorporated
area of San Bernardino County.

Yes, that's right, the US Military is now going to participate in these
checkpoints. Keep believing there is no slippery slope.

Papers? Do you have your papers comrade?

Old December 18th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_4_]

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:53:17 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:

>Seems the kooks are right again....
>
>http://www.duiblog.com/2008/12/16/he...ui-roadblocks/
>
>CHP to Conduct Sobriety/Driver.s License Checkpoint
>
>The Morongo office of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) in conjunction
>with the San Bernardino Sheriff.s Department and the USMC military
>police will conduct a joint sobriety/driver license checkpoint on
>Friday, December 12, 2008, somewhere in the unincorporated/incorporated
>area of San Bernardino County.
>

>Yes, that's right, the US Military is now going to participate in these
>checkpoints. Keep believing there is no slippery slope.

Since when is there a slope? I thought we were in a vertical freefall
since W was handed the 2000 election by his brother and his stooges.

>Papers? Do you have your papers comrade?

They are with bush's service record.

--
"That's interesting. I hadn't heard that. ..."
--George W. Bush on the prospect of US$4.00 gas
Old December 18th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

necromancer wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:53:17 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> > wrote:
>
>> Seems the kooks are right again....
>>
>> http://www.duiblog.com/2008/12/16/he...ui-roadblocks/
>>
>> CHP to Conduct Sobriety/Driver.s License Checkpoint
>>
>> The Morongo office of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) in conjunction
>> with the San Bernardino Sheriff.s Department and the USMC military
>> police will conduct a joint sobriety/driver license checkpoint on
>> Friday, December 12, 2008, somewhere in the unincorporated/incorporated
>> area of San Bernardino County.
>>

>> Yes, that's right, the US Military is now going to participate in these
>> checkpoints. Keep believing there is no slippery slope.

> Since when is there a slope? I thought we were in a vertical freefall
> since W was handed the 2000 election by his brother and his stooges.
>
>> Papers? Do you have your papers comrade?

> They are with bush's service record.

Right next to Bush's copies of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old December 19th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Brent wrote:

> Seems the kooks are right again....
>
> http://www.duiblog.com/2008/12/16/he...ui-roadblocks/
>
> CHP to Conduct Sobriety/Driver.s License Checkpoint
>
> The Morongo office of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) in conjunction
> with the San Bernardino Sheriff.s Department and the USMC military
> police will conduct a joint sobriety/driver license checkpoint on
> Friday, December 12, 2008, somewhere in the unincorporated/incorporated
> area of San Bernardino County.
>
> Yes, that's right, the US Military is now going to participate in these
> checkpoints. Keep believing there is no slippery slope.
>
> Papers? Do you have your papers comrade?

Is there a marine or other military base nearby? Perhaps they want the
MPs to be available to take any military personnel caught straight to
the brig.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Old December 19th 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2008-12-19, Paul Hovnanian P.E. > wrote:
> Brent wrote:
>>
>> Seems the kooks are right again....
>>
>> http://www.duiblog.com/2008/12/16/he...ui-roadblocks/
>>
>> CHP to Conduct Sobriety/Driver.s License Checkpoint
>>
>> The Morongo office of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) in conjunction
>> with the San Bernardino Sheriff.s Department and the USMC military
>> police will conduct a joint sobriety/driver license checkpoint on
>> Friday, December 12, 2008, somewhere in the unincorporated/incorporated
>> area of San Bernardino County.
>>
>> Yes, that's right, the US Military is now going to participate in these
>> checkpoints. Keep believing there is no slippery slope.
>>
>> Papers? Do you have your papers comrade?

> Is there a marine or other military base nearby? Perhaps they want the
> MPs to be available to take any military personnel caught straight to
> the brig.

We could wish. More likely it's for the domestic deployment. Supposedly
the military has been doing these sort of policing excerises for many
years. This is just the first one I've noticed with a document trail to
the horse's mouth. This sort of thing just shouldn't be happening at
all. Even if some nice reason were real it just shouldn't happen in this
country because it sends the wrong signals.

Old December 20th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
John David Galt

> The Morongo office of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) in conjunction
> with the San Bernardino Sheriff.s Department and the USMC military
> police will conduct a joint sobriety/driver license checkpoint on
> Friday, December 12, 2008, somewhere in the unincorporated/incorporated
> area of San Bernardino County.

So much for the oaths all those people swore to defend the Constitution.
Old December 21st 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Dec 20, 5:30*pm, John David Galt >
wrote:
> > The Morongo office of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) in conjunction
> > with the *San Bernardino Sheriff.s Department and the USMC military
> > police will conduct a joint sobriety/driver license checkpoint on
> > Friday, December 12, 2008, somewhere in the unincorporated/incorporated
> > area of San Bernardino County.

> So much for the oaths all those people swore to defend the Constitution.

Right. One more reason the US is a nation of crooks. The military
oath to defend the Constitution is negated when they take orders from
the domestic enemy called government. It's conflict of interest.

Also: most citizens pay taxes (by requirement), so we finance this
corruption. IOW, we all are accessories to the crimes.
Old December 21st 08, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2008-12-20, John David Galt > wrote:
>> The Morongo office of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) in conjunction
>> with the San Bernardino Sheriff.s Department and the USMC military
>> police will conduct a joint sobriety/driver license checkpoint on
>> Friday, December 12, 2008, somewhere in the unincorporated/incorporated
>> area of San Bernardino County.

> So much for the oaths all those people swore to defend the Constitution.

what constitution? I had another 'I am the law' moment with a cop today.
Again pulled over for 'looking at him' after the front half of the crown
vic's hood disappeared from my rear view mirror as he came around.

Old December 21st 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2008-12-21, MLOM > wrote:

> Also: most citizens pay taxes (by requirement), so we finance this
> corruption. IOW, we all are accessories to the crimes.

We pay taxes because government has (the promise of) guns to our heads. We
are no more accessories to the crimes as the victim of any mugging is.