The top 10 cars that Americans hate

Old November 2nd 08, 07:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default The top 10 cars that Americans hate

A new Forbes Magazine story says American buyers despised the Dodge Magnum
with a passion. Especially the SRT8 version. Along with a few other cars.
--
Pat Durkin

Old November 3rd 08, 12:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Phil McCracken

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 11:40:23 -0800, "Paddy's Pig" >
wrote:

>A new Forbes Magazine story says American buyers despised the Dodge Magnum
>with a passion. Especially the SRT8 version. Along with a few other cars.

I can speak from somewhat limited experience. Last year, my wife and
I were married in Florida and while there, our rental car was a
Magnum. Maybe it was *because* it was a rental (although it didn't
have many miles on it at all), it was THE worst driving car I'd ever
experienced. At the time, I compared it to driving a bathtub on
wheels. It seemed to have exactly those handling characteristics. I
really, really could *not* wait to return it.

Mark

Old November 3rd 08, 04:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Michael[_13_]

"Phil McCracken" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 11:40:23 -0800, "Paddy's Pig" >
> wrote:
>
>>A new Forbes Magazine story says American buyers despised the Dodge Magnum
>>with a passion. Especially the SRT8 version. Along with a few other
>>cars.

> I can speak from somewhat limited experience. Last year, my wife and
> I were married in Florida and while there, our rental car was a
> Magnum. Maybe it was *because* it was a rental (although it didn't
> have many miles on it at all), it was THE worst driving car I'd ever
> experienced. At the time, I compared it to driving a bathtub on
> wheels. It seemed to have exactly those handling characteristics. I
> really, really could *not* wait to return it.
>
> Mark

You don't know a guy by the name of Ben Doon do you?

Old November 4th 08, 11:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Max Magister

Yes, of course. You don't know of anyone who'd be seen in one, do you?
There are none on the streets here.

max

Old November 4th 08, 03:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
doby

Sorry guys, Forbes magazine, which I read in the Dr's office is a snob magazine
for the extremely wealthy, I saw the dozens of wrist watches for way over a
million dollars, (stupid excess) and the two thousand dollar shoes, ties that
cost 1,000... What a waste.

I'm sorry you don't have any Chryslers, Dodges in your neighborhoods. My entire
state has them and they love the high temperatures in the summer.

Doby

Old November 4th 08, 05:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Max Magister[_2_]

Vancouver and area is not reflective of the rest of Canada any more than Los
Angeles and area is of the USA. There is one Buick Lucerne in my area of
town, very few Chrysler 300s, no Dodges at all except for the occasional Ram
truck, almost no Fords and no Lincolns at all. There are thousands of
Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Volvo, Toyota, and Honda models everywhere. I don't
think I've seen more than a couple of Chevrolet Impalas or Malibus on the
road. I have no doubt that I'd see more domestics in other provinces. In
Canada Chrysler outsells Ford, by the way, so somebody's driving these cars,
but they don't live in my part of the country.

Max

Old November 4th 08, 10:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Ron

Max Magister > wrote in
:

Oddly enough, in Australia, Asians buy and drive BMW, Honda, Volvo and
MB. The most dangerous driver on the road is an Asian in a Volvo wearing
a hat

Chrysler USA has started exporting cars to Australia again. This time
they are doing better with the 300 than they ever did with the little
Neon.

I see a lot of 300 sedans, wagons, coupes and the odd convertible around.
There is talk about bringing back the Cadillac, but I think it will be a
disaster. There are a couple about, usually owned by Italian Gentlemen.

Toyota sells better than any other car here, followed by Holden, Ford,
Mazda, Nissan, etc. The top selling car most months is the Holden
Commodore which you guys see as a Pontiac G8.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=996y8RK5bTs

Cheers,
Ron

Old November 14th 08, 01:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Skip[_3_] Skip[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Ron" <xnews.com> wrote in message ...
> Max Magister > wrote in
> :
>
> Oddly enough, in Australia, Asians buy and drive BMW, Honda, Volvo and
> MB. The most dangerous driver on the road is an Asian in a Volvo wearing
> a hat

My grandad always said not to trust a driver wearing a hat. The combination
of him being from Texas, and my other grandfather ALWAYS wearing a hat must
have made for some interesting conversations...

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com