Greetings and my SL1 vs SL2 dilemma

Old August 13th 04, 08:51 PM
Frank

Default Greetings and my SL1 vs SL2 dilemma

Hi all. I am new to this list and have a question.

I have a 1992 SL1 which has been a good car overall. It has about 180000km
and is in good working order except for the head gasket which has been
leaking for about 2 years. I had planned on replacing this car, so never
have had this fixed. The leak is slow and is not burning oil. I add about
a half litre to one litre of oil every oil change.

My MIL is replacing her 1992 SL2 with a new Vue. She has offered this car
to me. She has taken good care of this car and reports no problems that she
is aware of. I am unsure of the km's on her car, but I believe it is
similar to my Saturn.

My dilemma: Do I get rid of my well running SL1 with a leaky head gasket
and get the somewhat unknown SL2?

Opinions?

Thanks for your time.

Old August 13th 04, 09:28 PM
MR

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:51:48 -0400, "Frank" >
wrote:

>Hi all. I am new to this list and have a question.
>
>I have a 1992 SL1 which has been a good car overall. It has about 180000km
>and is in good working order except for the head gasket which has been
>leaking for about 2 years. I had planned on replacing this car, so never
>have had this fixed. The leak is slow and is not burning oil. I add about
>a half litre to one litre of oil every oil change.
>
>My MIL is replacing her 1992 SL2 with a new Vue. She has offered this car
>to me. She has taken good care of this car and reports no problems that she
>is aware of. I am unsure of the km's on her car, but I believe it is
>similar to my Saturn.
>
>My dilemma: Do I get rid of my well running SL1 with a leaky head gasket
>and get the somewhat unknown SL2?
>
>Opinions?
>
>Thanks for your time.

If it is free, take it; nothing to decide. If at a good price get it
and check it out and resell or sell yours if not needed.
MR