Key Alarm Program 95 Integra

Old July 21st 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nick

Default Key Alarm Program 95 Integra

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install a set of keyless alarms on my 95 Integra
since the old ones are not working. In the directions that I got it
said to turn the key to II and then press and hold the valet override
switch and keep holding it until the LED on the steering wheel start
to blink. The problem is when I got the car, the switch was broken (at
least I think it was this switch). If I'm right it looks like it runs
to another connection underneath the drivers dash which I'm trying to
short out with a paper clip but doesn't seem to be working. The wires
appear blue and black until the connection and then change to black
orange and blue. Is this the correct procedure; and am I shorting the
correct wires? I'll try to post a picture later tonight if it'll help.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
Old July 21st 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

<Nick> wrote in message ...
> I'm trying to install a set of keyless alarms on my 95 Integra
> since the old ones are not working. In the directions that I got it
> said to turn the key to II and then press and hold the valet override
> switch and keep holding it until the LED on the steering wheel start
> to blink. The problem is when I got the car, the switch was broken (at
> least I think it was this switch). If I'm right it looks like it runs
> to another connection underneath the drivers dash which I'm trying to
> short out with a paper clip but doesn't seem to be working. The wires
> appear blue and black until the connection and then change to black
> orange and blue. Is this the correct procedure; and am I shorting the
> correct wires? I'll try to post a picture later tonight if it'll help.

I don't think anybody can help you since you don't state the make and model
of the alarm in question. It sure doesn't sound like a Honda alarm.

Old July 21st 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nick

It's the factory Alarm.

Thanks,
Nick

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:07:33 -0400, "Seth"

Old July 21st 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nick

One additional note....I don't have any remotes that are working.

Old July 21st 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

<Nick> wrote in message news
> It's the factory Alarm.

Probably really an Alpine. In the early 90's, all of the Honda alarms were
Alpine.

Do you see your remotes here? http://www.autotechs.com/subcat65.htm

Old July 21st 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nick

Yes is HO-3BB. I checked a few older postings on Google News and found
that the instructions are correct. I just can't seem to get the
blinking LED after I link the wires together.

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 22:05:29 GMT, "Seth"

Old July 24th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nick

After attempting about 20 times to try to get the LED to blink, it finally did
and I was able to program both keys.

Nick