Dodge Dakota exhaust

Old July 14th 04, 01:05 AM
Ter

Default Dodge Dakota exhaust

I have a black 95 Dakota, V6, still with the stock exhaust. No cat, but
that's going to change when I do the exhaust work, due to new PA
emmissions regulations (those *******s). I have it beefed up a little
as far as looks... off-road rims and tires, brushguard, 2" suspension
lift, little doo-dads here and there, ect. Anyway, I was just going to
put a standard set of duals on it, but I had an idea that's either
going to be cool or extremely dumb. I was thinking of heading to the
scrapyard, pulling a smokestack off a smaller sized commercial truck
and mounting it in the corner of my box. It would work, but I can see
problems that might pop up.
#1) Do you think it would look good, or just plain stupid?
#2) Would it screw up my compression ratio, or anything else that would
have a negative effect on the performance?
#3) Any idea how it would sound on a V6 gas engine?

I'd just go ahead and do it, but I'd rather know what I'm getting into
before I cut a hole in the bed of my truck.

Thanks,
Old July 14th 04, 02:38 AM
Mad Dog

<#1) Do you think it would look good, or just plain stupid?>

just plain stupid

<#2) Would it screw up my compression ratio, or anything else that would
have a negative effect on the performance?

no it wont screw up compression but it will have a negative effect on
performance

<#3) Any idea how it would sound on a V6 gas engine?

lousy and irritating
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10