Honda Power Steering Fluid

Old August 6th 05, 07:32 PM
Kofi Anim-Appiah

Default Honda Power Steering Fluid

My PS fluid needs topping off. Is this something special I *must* get from
the dealer or can I just top-off with generic PS fluid from Autozone etc?
The PS
fluid reservoir cap says to use only genuine Honda PS fluid for top-off,
though. What's the consensus? I've used generic in my Toyota for years - no
problem.

Thanks
Kofi

Old August 6th 05, 08:17 PM
High Tech Misfit

Kofi Anim-Appiah wrote:

> My PS fluid needs topping off. Is this something special I *must* get from
> the dealer or can I just top-off with generic PS fluid from Autozone etc?
> The PS
> fluid reservoir cap says to use only genuine Honda PS fluid for top-off,
> though. What's the consensus? I've used generic in my Toyota for years - no
> problem.
>
> Thanks
> Kofi

PS fluid is one fluid that absolutely must be Honda-specific, regardless of
whether you top off or fully replace. Using generic fluid typically results
in expensive repairs.
Old August 6th 05, 08:27 PM
Elle

"Kofi Anim-Appiah" > wrote
> My PS fluid needs topping off. Is this something special I *must* get from
> the dealer or can I just top-off with generic PS fluid from Autozone etc?
> The PS
> fluid reservoir cap says to use only genuine Honda PS fluid for top-off,
> though. What's the consensus? I've used generic in my Toyota for years -

no
> problem.

You want Honda PS fluid, but in fact places like Autozone and Pep Boys sell
the stuff. It's in a bottle whose labeling clearly indicates on the front
it's for Hondas.

Old August 6th 05, 08:28 PM
Kofi Anim-Appiah

Thanks for the comment. I will take heed.

Kofi