fuel tank harness connector access; '04 Cavalier

Old May 20th 14, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
George[_23_]

Default fuel tank harness connector access; '04 Cavalier

I'm getting a p0455 DTC. So far, all the EVAP components seem OK. I'd
like to read the tank pressure sensor (FTP) voltage. It looks like the
easiest place to access this is connector C313, in the floor pan under
the rear seat.

I can get at the connector, but it's not clear that it's meant to be
accessed. What I can see is a metal casing, which is mounted to the
floor with a couple of pop rivets. I can drill these out, but (a) maybe
this is a bad idea, and (b) maybe the contacts won't be any more
accessible if I do.

If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate hearing.

Thanks.
Old May 20th 14, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
George[_23_]

On Tue, 20 May 2014 11:24:18 -0400, George > wrote:

>I'm getting a p0455 DTC. So far, all the EVAP components seem OK. I'd
>like to read the tank pressure sensor (FTP) voltage. It looks like the
>easiest place to access this is connector C313, in the floor pan under
>the rear seat.
>
>I can get at the connector, but it's not clear that it's meant to be
>accessed. What I can see is a metal casing, which is mounted to the
>floor with a couple of pop rivets. I can drill these out, but (a) maybe
>this is a bad idea, and (b) maybe the contacts won't be any more
>accessible if I do.
>
>If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate hearing.
>
>Thanks.

Never mind. My fingers are faster than my brain. I'd thought I could
back-probe the connector from the top, while I drove around. Looking at
it more from underneath, ... the connector just isn't made like that.

Apologies for wasted bandwidth.