Remote door unlocking not working

Old January 30th 05, 12:04 AM
2000OdysseyLX

Default Remote door unlocking not working

This is about my 2000 Odyssey LX. I have aftermarket remote door
lock/unlock on it. You know, the little fobs that can lock or unlock
the door from a distance.

The original batteries on the things lasted about four years and I
replaced them last summer.

Now, six months later, the things aren't working right.

I can't electronically unlock the car, even when I'm close enough to
touch it. When I start the car, all the doors are supposed to lock, but
they don't. The doors DO lock remotely, but they don't unlock. And
it's displaying the same behavior with both of the two key fobs that I
have, both of which got a fresh battery six months ago.

My guess is that this might be related to the weather. In the
northeastern US where I live, it's been single digits much of the past
two weeks, and we've had a few nights of temperatures of 5 to 10 below
zero F. The car is kept in a garage of course, but I'll bet some of
those nights it's gotten down to single digits in the garage too.

Just wondering if other Odyssey owners have experienced this. I seem to
remember the remotes and the lock-upon-start not working right in
previous years, but I don't know if it's been in cold.
Old January 30th 05, 01:11 AM
2000OdysseyLX

In article
2000OdysseyLX > wrote:

> This is about my 2000 Odyssey LX. I have aftermarket remote door
> lock/unlock on it. You know, the little fobs that can lock or unlock
> the door from a distance.
>
> The original batteries on the things lasted about four years and I
> replaced them last summer.
>
> Now, six months later, the things aren't working right.
>
> I can't electronically unlock the car, even when I'm close enough to
> touch it. When I start the car, all the doors are supposed to lock, but
> they don't. The doors DO lock remotely, but they don't unlock. And
> it's displaying the same behavior with both of the two key fobs that I
> have, both of which got a fresh battery six months ago.
>
> My guess is that this might be related to the weather. In the
> northeastern US where I live, it's been single digits much of the past
> two weeks, and we've had a few nights of temperatures of 5 to 10 below
> zero F. The car is kept in a garage of course, but I'll bet some of
> those nights it's gotten down to single digits in the garage too.
>
> Just wondering if other Odyssey owners have experienced this. I seem to
> remember the remotes and the lock-upon-start not working right in
> previous years, but I don't know if it's been in cold.

I semi-fixed this problem. Please refer to
or
do a google groups search: ["lock/unlock (aftermarket)" odyssey honda]
(use quotes, omit brackets) for what I'm now stuck trying to fix.