Ping Comboverfish

Old November 19th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
TeGGeR®

Default Ping Comboverfish

"hls" > wrote in
om:

> "hls" > wrote in message
> . com...
>> Ill see if I can find anything

> Actually, it is the weekend here, and nobody will be able to respond.
> If you are not able to find what you
> wish, I can take it up on Monday.

You may have difficulty. It seems the issue is that the various regions of
the world use a different Honda VIN database, none of which are linked to
any other. Your region's dealers will only have access to the European
database, and the car in question clearly uses an Asian VIN.

Thanks for the offer.

--
TeGGeR
Old November 19th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
TeGGeR®

"Steve W." > wrote in
:

> You have two options to replace the timing belt in a jdm F22b DOCH
>
> 1. Use a Honda GSR/ITR timing belt and be a wider by 2mm and risk the
> chance of it breaking
> because it rubs againt the balancer shaft.
>
> 2. Replace the the timing belt and water pump with a h23 timing belt
> and water pump.

Yeah, I noticed the H23A is supposed to be almost identical to the F22B.
But I did not know if the similarities extended to the parts we need.

I'm going to play it safe here and try two more avenues (one of them
Comboverfish's).

--
TeGGeR
Old November 19th 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"TeGGeR®" > wrote in message

> You may have difficulty. It seems the issue is that the various regions of
> the world use a different Honda VIN database, none of which are linked to
> any other. Your region's dealers will only have access to the European
> database, and the car in question clearly uses an Asian VIN.

Sorry. Couldnt trust any numbers obtained this way, I guess. Hope you find
what you need.

Old November 19th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
tww

"TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
> "tww" > wrote in :
>

> > "TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
> >> I need help.
> >>
> >> Do you know of anybody in North America who can determine Honda part
> >> numbers for an engine that was never sold in North America?
> >> (Specifically the JDM DOHC F22B 4-banger.)
> >>
> >> I have reasons for asking...
> >>

> > Have you tried http://www.absoluteprelude.com/
> >

> I get tired of the Web boards. They all want you to register.

Under tech spec for 5th Gen Prelude JDM , I found a reference to the F22B
engine at this location --
http://absoluteprelude.com/forums/in...CODE=01&HID=32
My thought was that since the F22B was referenced there would be a distinct
possibility that the some of the membership might be able to help.

Old November 19th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
TeGGeR®

"tww" > wrote in :

> "TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
>> "tww" > wrote in
>> :

>> > Have you tried http://www.absoluteprelude.com/
>> >

>> I get tired of the Web boards. They all want you to register.

> Under tech spec for 5th Gen Prelude JDM , I found a reference to the
> F22B engine at this location --

<snipped>

> My thought was that since the F22B was
> referenced there would be a distinct possibility that the some of the
> membership might be able to help.

I just posted a request. Thanks for the link.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old November 20th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.

TeGGeR® wrote:
> "Steve W." > wrote in
> :
>

>> You have two options to replace the timing belt in a jdm F22b DOCH
>>
>> 1. Use a Honda GSR/ITR timing belt and be a wider by 2mm and risk the
>> chance of it breaking
>> because it rubs againt the balancer shaft.
>>
>> 2. Replace the the timing belt and water pump with a h23 timing belt
>> and water pump.
>>

> Yeah, I noticed the H23A is supposed to be almost identical to the F22B.
> But I did not know if the similarities extended to the parts we need.
>
> I'm going to play it safe here and try two more avenues (one of them
> Comboverfish's).

The belt is 2 or three teeth longer. When you change to the H23 water
pump it takes care of that difference. Then the belt fits fine. I talked
to a local Honda guy about that engine. (seems it is a popular item for
"tuner cars") He said that the factory belt is VERY hard to find outside
of Japan. He confirmed that using the above method works very well.
He did say that using the GSR belt isn't a good option since it is VERY
tight fit and may rub on the balancer belt and destroy both.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York