Ping Comboverfish

Old November 18th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
TeGGeR®

Default Ping Comboverfish

I need help.

Do you know of anybody in North America who can determine Honda part
numbers for an engine that was never sold in North America? (Specifically
the JDM DOHC F22B 4-banger.)

I have reasons for asking...

--
TeGGeR®
Old November 18th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
>I need help.
>
> Do you know of anybody in North America who can determine Honda part
> numbers for an engine that was never sold in North America? (Specifically
> the JDM DOHC F22B 4-banger.)
>
> I have reasons for asking...

Er, I dont live in America, *Tegger. Where was this sold? And what part
numbers
do you need. Not sure I can help but would be willing to try, if possible.

Old November 18th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
TeGGeR®

"hls" > wrote in
m:

> "TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
>>I need help.
>>
>> Do you know of anybody in North America who can determine Honda part
>> numbers for an engine that was never sold in North America?
>> (Specifically the JDM DOHC F22B 4-banger.)
>>
>> I have reasons for asking...

> Er, I dont live in America, *Tegger.

You live in Norway, don't you? Your message headers indicate that. your
dealers will have a different database.

> Where was this sold?

We don't know where this car was originally sold. It's a '94 Honda
Accord Vi coupe with the F22B DOHC 4-cylinder. That engine was
apparently never sold outside the Asian market. We're not even sure the
engine is original to the car.

I have all the information from the VIN plate under the hood, including
the car's chassis number. The only thing I lack is the engine serial
number, which my correspondent has not yet given to me.

We need the Honda part numbers for the timing belt, balancer shaft belt,
water pump and tensioner.

The problem is, Honda dealers only have access to their own market's VIN
database, so the dealers in Dubai (where the car is) are unable to help.
I emailed NINE Honda dealers in Australia, and NONE has responed.

I called my local dealer's parts man, hoping for some advice. He tells
me I might get somewhere if I call Honda Canada Customer Relations, so
I'm going to try that on Monday.

--
TeGGeR
Old November 18th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Comboverfish

TeGGeR® wrote:
> I need help.
>
> Do you know of anybody in North America who can determine Honda part
> numbers for an engine that was never sold in North America? (Specifically
> the JDM DOHC F22B 4-banger.)
>
> I have reasons for asking...
>
> --
> TeGGeR®

Sorry Tegger, I'm ignorant on this (as well as many other) account(s).
I would make one lame suggestion that you try to contact the US offices
of any engine importing company that deals with Japanese take-out
engines. Maybe they could be of some assistance.

For example: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=japanese+engines

Toyota MDT in MO

Old November 18th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

Ill see if I can find anything

Old November 18th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"hls" > wrote in message
. com...
> Ill see if I can find anything

Actually, it is the weekend here, and nobody will be able to respond. If
you are not able to find what you
wish, I can take it up on Monday.

Old November 18th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.

TeGGeR® wrote:
> "hls" > wrote in
> m:
>
>> "TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
>>> I need help.
>>>
>>> Do you know of anybody in North America who can determine Honda part
>>> numbers for an engine that was never sold in North America?
>>> (Specifically the JDM DOHC F22B 4-banger.)
>>>
>>> I have reasons for asking...

>> Er, I dont live in America, *Tegger.

> You live in Norway, don't you? Your message headers indicate that. your
> dealers will have a different database.
>

>> Where was this sold?

> We don't know where this car was originally sold. It's a '94 Honda
> Accord Vi coupe with the F22B DOHC 4-cylinder. That engine was
> apparently never sold outside the Asian market. We're not even sure the
> engine is original to the car.
>
> I have all the information from the VIN plate under the hood, including
> the car's chassis number. The only thing I lack is the engine serial
> number, which my correspondent has not yet given to me.
>
> We need the Honda part numbers for the timing belt, balancer shaft belt,
> water pump and tensioner.
>
> The problem is, Honda dealers only have access to their own market's VIN
> database, so the dealers in Dubai (where the car is) are unable to help.
> I emailed NINE Honda dealers in Australia, and NONE has responed.
>
> I called my local dealer's parts man, hoping for some advice. He tells
> me I might get somewhere if I call Honda Canada Customer Relations, so
> I'm going to try that on Monday.

From what I have found online this is supposed to be the Honda part number

Honda 14400-PT2-004

UNITTA Super Powergrip 126RU24
Unitta F22B/F20A belt; 472mm length, 126 teeth, 24mm width

From a Honda tech forum When asked about the same thing.

You have two options to replace the timing belt in a jdm F22b DOCH

1. Use a Honda GSR/ITR timing belt and be a wider by 2mm and risk the
chance of it breaking
because it rubs againt the balancer shaft.

2. Replace the the timing belt and water pump with a h23 timing belt and
water pump.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, BBQ in one hand, martini in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old November 18th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
tww

Have you tried http://www.absoluteprelude.com/

Old November 19th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
TeGGeR®

"tww" > wrote in :

> "TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
>> I need help.
>>
>> Do you know of anybody in North America who can determine Honda part
>> numbers for an engine that was never sold in North America?
>> (Specifically the JDM DOHC F22B 4-banger.)
>>
>> I have reasons for asking...
>>

> Have you tried http://www.absoluteprelude.com/

I get tired of the Web boards. They all want you to register.

--
TeGGeR
Old November 19th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
TeGGeR®

"Comboverfish" > wrote in
ups.com:

> TeGGeR® wrote:
>> I need help.
>>
>> Do you know of anybody in North America who can determine Honda part
>> numbers for an engine that was never sold in North America?
>> (Specifically the JDM DOHC F22B 4-banger.)
>>
>> I have reasons for asking...
>>

> Sorry Tegger, I'm ignorant on this (as well as many other) account(s).

S'OK. Just thought I'd try. Thanks anyway.

> I would make one lame suggestion that you try to contact the US
> offices of any engine importing company that deals with Japanese
> take-out engines. Maybe they could be of some assistance.
>
> For example: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=japanese+engines

Thanks. I see Rising Sun Engines coming up first. That looks promising.
Since they remanfacture as well, they should have some sort of access to
part numbers.

Once my correspondent sends me his engine serial number, I'll try
sending them a message.

--
TeGGeR