500,000 kilometers!

Old October 22nd 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

Default 500,000 kilometers!

Woo-hoo! Went over today.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/500000.0.jpg

Mind you, that's only 310,685 miles, so...

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old October 22nd 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Sharp-Dressed Man

"Tegger" > wrote in message
> Woo-hoo! Went over today.
> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/500000.0.jpg
>
> Mind you, that's only 310,685 miles, so...
>

> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

What model do you drive?

Old October 22nd 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"Sharp-Dressed Man" <zz> wrote in
:

> "Tegger" > wrote in message
>> Woo-hoo! Went over today.
>> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/500000.0.jpg
>>
>> Mind you, that's only 310,685 miles, so...
>>

> What model do you drive?

'91 Integra RS, 2dr, 5 speed. Bought new in '91.

Old October 23rd 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

Tegger wrote:
> Woo-hoo! Went over today.
> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/500000.0.jpg
>
> Mind you, that's only 310,685 miles, so...

How much rust, baling wire and duct tape holdin' that thang together???

Pass the salt please!

<G>

JT

Old October 23rd 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake Tegger > :

>Woo-hoo! Went over today.
>http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/500000.0.jpg
>
>Mind you, that's only 310,685 miles, so...

However, that means you are on the way home from the moon. Or 1.667
light seconds from where you started.
Old October 24th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
M.A. Stewart

Grumpy AuContraire ) writes:
> Tegger wrote:
>> Woo-hoo! Went over today.
>> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/500000.0.jpg
>>
>> Mind you, that's only 310,685 miles, so...
>>

> How much rust, baling wire and duct tape holdin' that thang together???
>
> Pass the salt please!

Looking at the pictures on Tegger's web site... that puppy he's got
is pretty solid, and I can't see any 'jury rigging' (AKA... Ontario
Provincial Liberal Party 'modus operandi')!

Old October 24th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

Grumpy AuContraire > wrote in news:i7RLk.87346
:

> Tegger wrote:
>> Woo-hoo! Went over today.
>> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/500000.0.jpg
>>
>> Mind you, that's only 310,685 miles, so...
>>

> How much rust, baling wire and duct tape holdin' that thang together???
>
> Pass the salt please!
>
> <G>
>
> JT

T'ain't no rust on that thing. I hunt and kill rust like it was a Middle
Eastern terrorist.

There is, however, the conceptual equivalent of baling wire and duct tape
on the car right now: A hair elastic.

My radio antenna (manual) has lost its rubber gasket, and the plastic
grommet above that has cracked. This all means water wants to leak into the
hatch area. A new OEM antenna is $170, and I cannot buy the plastic piece
on its own.

Until I get around to doing some junkyard prowling, my daughter has given
me a lime green hair elastic to wrap around the base of the plastic piece
so water can't get in. It's working, too.

So if you see a black '91 Integra with a lime green hair elastic around the
base of the antenna, that's my car. :^)

Old October 24th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

Dillon Pyron > wrote in
:

> Thus spake Tegger > :
>
>>Woo-hoo! Went over today.
>>http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/500000.0.jpg
>>
>>Mind you, that's only 310,685 miles, so...

> However, that means you are on the way home from the moon. Or 1.667
> light seconds from where you started.

Damn. I was meaning to put that flag back upright before I left the moon,
and I forgot. Have to wait until next time, I guess...

Old October 24th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

(M.A. Stewart) wrote in news:gdqvok$683$1
@theodyn.ncf.ca:

> Grumpy AuContraire ) writes:
>> Tegger wrote:
>>> Woo-hoo! Went over today.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/500000.0.jpg

>>> Mind you, that's only 310,685 miles, so...
>>>

>> How much rust, baling wire and duct tape holdin' that thang together???
>>
>> Pass the salt please!

> Looking at the pictures on Tegger's web site... that puppy he's got
> is pretty solid, and I can't see any 'jury rigging' (AKA... Ontario
> Provincial Liberal Party 'modus operandi')!

Rust is basically non-existent. Where it's present, it's in places that
aren't really important, like the front crossmember weld seams. There was
rust in the windshield pinchweld, but that's gone now (lots of tedious
grinding, and kind co-operation from the glass place).

Lest anybody think the car is perfect, here is a list of the major stuff
that's currently wrong with it:
* High oil consumption (about 1700 mi/qt).
* Differential pinion bearing whines between 45 & 50 mph. Annoying.
* Shifter badly worn; clunk and doink noises when shifting into 2nd & 3rd
* Driver door handle a bit sticky; sometimes have to push it back down.
* Wiper blade holders very worn and loose (new ones on order).
* Door & hatch weatherstripping drying up and getting hard.
* Interior cloth very faded; top of rear seat beginning to disintegrate.
* Velcro that holds hatch carpet in place has come adrift.
* Driver's sun visor too tight & hard to swing up & down.
* Clock dims intermittently; sharp tap with finger temporarily fixes it.
* Headlights extremely sandblasted; tallow candles may be brighter.
* Many exterior plastic pieces distorted with age, no longer fit 100%.
* Summer tires down to wear bars, need to replace in spring.

It's an old car. But it has new OEM shocks!

Old October 24th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle[_4_]

"Tegger" > wrote >> <G>
> My radio antenna (manual) has lost its rubber gasket, and
> the plastic
> grommet above that has cracked. This all means water wants
> to leak into the
> hatch area. A new OEM antenna is $170, and I cannot buy
> the plastic piece
> on its own.

Have you looked at the aftermarket kits that places like Pep
Boys sell for around $20?

I replaced the manual antenna on my 91 Civic a few years
ago, using a Pep Boys aftermarket antenna, and the final
result easily looks like OEM.