Oil Presure Sender - conversion to linear from switch

Old March 22nd 05, 12:28 PM
Steven L. Finberg

Default Oil Presure Sender - conversion to linear from switch

I'm having problems with an intermittent oil pressure indication
on a 99 Explorer Sport with a 4.0L SOHC, at cold start up.

Rather than just replace the pressure switch sensor it seems attractive
to make the gauge in the dash a real linear indicator as suggested in
theses earlier posts;

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer/browse_thread/thread/46706ab95d9f44fe?q=ford+"oil+pressure+gauge"+modif ication&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&rnum=1

The part they suggest has a threaded stud as it's connection.

I'm trying to find a part number for a linear sender with the same
connector as the stock switch. My local dealer has the referenced
linear sender which has a screw terminal, and the stock switch but
was unwilling to look for the linear sender with the correct connector.

Anybody know the Ford or MotorCraft P/N?

Steve F

Steve Finberg W1GSL
PO Box 397082 MIT Br Cambridge MA 02139-7082 617 258 3754

Old March 23rd 05, 03:20 AM
Ed Mann

Let me guess. You get 0 pressure, then after a few seconds, it comes up to
normal? There's a TSB on that one. It's the sender.

"Steven L. Finberg" > wrote in message
> I'm having problems with an intermittent oil pressure indication
> on a 99 Explorer Sport with a 4.0L SOHC, at cold start up.
>
> Rather than just replace the pressure switch sensor it seems attractive
> to make the gauge in the dash a real linear indicator as suggested in
> theses earlier posts;

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer/browse_thread/thread/46706ab95d9f44fe?q=ford+"oil+pressure+gauge"+modif ication&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&rnum=1

> The part they suggest has a threaded stud as it's connection.
>
> I'm trying to find a part number for a linear sender with the same
> connector as the stock switch. My local dealer has the referenced
> linear sender which has a screw terminal, and the stock switch but
> was unwilling to look for the linear sender with the correct connector.
>
> Anybody know the Ford or MotorCraft P/N?
>
> Steve F

***

12V conversion question N8N Technology 1 February 9th 05 01:01 AM
Removing Oil Pressure sender connector? Whoever Chrysler 12 January 2nd 05 02:45 PM
E39 fuel sender P-u-h-e-k BMW 2 October 11th 04 05:04 PM
Car conversion notes, addendum 2 David Dalton General 3 June 22nd 04 02:25 PM