1972 with A/C - Where is the A/C Compressor power connected to the wiring harness??

Old April 6th 06, 04:25 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default 1972 with A/C - Where is the A/C Compressor power connected to the wiring harness??

I'm working on the A/C system on a recently purchased 1972 Coupe. The
power connector 12V is connected to the fuse - the other wire from the
fuse appears to have been cut. There are 2 cut wires out of the
harness but neither has 12V when calling for cooling. It's possible
that something is disconnected in the dashboard but I think I just
haven't found the right wire.

To simplify the question - the A/C fuse has 2 wires - one goes to the
A/C compressor, where does the other one go?

Any help will be a great time saver. - Thanks

John G.
Somers Point, NJ

Old April 6th 06, 06:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Where is the fuse in question?
Is it under the dash in the fuse block, or is it the "thermal limit fuse" in
the underhood harness near the compressor?
What color are the wires?

Joe, '72 coupe

ups.com...

Old April 6th 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Joe M" > wrote in message
et...
> Where is the fuse in question?
> Is it under the dash in the fuse block, or is it the
> "thermal limit fuse" in the underhood harness near the
> compressor?
> What color are the wires?
>
> Joe, '72 coupe

a shop manual would help ya.

google is your friend.
http://tinyurl.com/fvsao

no pun intended
--
"Key"

Old April 6th 06, 06:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

How so?

Old April 6th 06, 09:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Hi Joe - Thanks for the reply, it's the fuse under the hood, the wire
from the fuse to the compressor is green. The wire from the fuse going

nowhere looks like it is brown or black.

JG

Sorry if this appears twice - google does not seem to be sticking my
reply to the correct post. - JG

Old April 7th 06, 04:49 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

You never did the paper clip trick on the compressor clutch
in the old days????

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Extra Wires Radio Wiring Harness 91 Vanagon [email protected] VW water cooled 1 February 12th 06 05:47 PM
Splicing into an Engine Wiring Harness [email protected] Jeep 26 November 13th 05 07:23 PM
258 head swap? Steve G Jeep 8 October 4th 05 04:34 PM
active speakers nightmare - help !!! Robert K VW water cooled 4 December 30th 04 05:09 PM
1995 Honda Passport - Wiring harness - Technical Question ajpdla Honda 0 November 1st 04 03:40 PM