Has anyone tried adding sound insulation to the rear of thier C5/6?

Old April 3rd 06, 04:49 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Has anyone tried adding sound insulation to the rear of thier C5/6?

If so, did it make much difference in reducing road noise ? Where did
you apply it , and, is there space above the wheel wells black plastic
lining ?

Thanks, Dave

Old April 3rd 06, 05:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

dave wrote:
> If so, did it make much difference in reducing road noise ? Where did
> you apply it , and, is there space above the wheel wells black plastic
> lining ?
>
> Thanks, Dave

Once the tires were changed, the overall sound level dropped below that
of the C4. Further reduction is achieved by turning my hearing aids OFF
and the radio UP. Difficult now to hear the passenger but, one can't
have everything! (:-)
--
…PJ
’89 HookerCar, ’02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe
Old April 3rd 06, 06:19 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"PJ" > wrote in message
> dave wrote:
>> If so, did it make much difference in reducing road noise ? Where
>> did
>> you apply it , and, is there space above the wheel wells black
>> plastic
>> lining ?
>>
>> Thanks, Dave
>>

> Once the tires were changed, the overall sound level dropped below
> that of the C4. Further reduction is achieved by turning my hearing
> aids OFF and the radio UP. Difficult now to hear the passenger but,
> one can't have everything! (:-)
> --
> …PJ
> ’89 HookerCar, ’02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe

What ever you do don't put Michelin tires on it because they are noise
generators. Many kits and insulation instructions out there on the net
in the forums. Then there is the kit offered by Lingenfelter
http://www.lingenfelter.com/store/20455.html plus a number of others.
Peltor has the best noise reduction system available.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old April 3rd 06, 06:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

My question has nothing to do with C5s and C6s..
....but is there a seperator available for c3s ?
I usually keep my gym bag and a duffel with cleaning supplies and tools
for the vette in the rear compartment... Is there sort of a seperator
with the vette logo in the center for c3s anywhere ?

I know c5s have one.. see link below...
http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.514

Old April 4th 06, 01:21 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

oops sorry... I'll post it in the main...
it has nothing to do with the topic being discussed here...
silly E_Tar

Old April 4th 06, 09:00 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I have a foil insulation in the tunnel where the xpipe goes. Helps with the
heat mostly and some sound.