yes, it's a mileage thread

Old January 28th 10, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
NetMax

Default yes, it's a mileage thread

On Jan 27, 11:28*pm, "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> I have heard that the Automatic does drop to more reasonable rpm's (in the
> NC at least) at cruising speeds and that seems to pay off quite well.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB
>
> "Stephen Toth" > wrote in message

> > In article >, pws
> > > wrote:

> > <snip>

> >> Are they talking about highway MPG or their average? I don't think I
> >> have ever met anyone who claimed to average 30+ MPG in their Miata.

> >> The best I have ever gotten in any Miata is 33 MPG on the highway under
> >> mostly-ideal conditions, with a lot less in town.

> >> I would be very surprised if your 1992 Miata is not capable of getting
> >> over 30MPG on the highway.

> >> Pat

> > The '93 averaged 30-31 mpg while I drove it.
> > That was a mixed driving environment In its early days: Daily commute
> > was about 44 mi. one way - 2 mi. local small town - 24 mi. non-divided
> > hwy (traffic lights - avg 50 mpg) - 14 mi. interstate (70-75 mpg) - 4
> > mi. in city (Philly). Even stop and go because of traffic and accidents
> > did not change it much. Biggest difference was winter when it would
> > drop to 29-29 mpg.
> > My son claims to still get about 30 mpg now with mixed small town and
> > hwy driving.

> > With the '06 I get 26-29 mpg mixed, And have gotten 35-36 on longer
> > trips that were nearly all interstate (70-80 mph - top up).
> > The mileage with the '06 seems to vary much more, but I haven't figured
> > out anything I can attribute it to. I tend to drive the same style on
> > most of the roads I travel, and always use the same brand and grade of
> > gas. As with the '93 it is a little worse in the winter, but varies
> > much more tank to tank

> > --
> > -------
> > Stephen Toth
> > white '93 220k mi. with the kids
> > '06 Galaxy Grey GT 6AT- Hide quoted text -

I don't know if this has been mentioned but the NC2 ('09, '10..) have
a taller 6th gear on the manual transmission, bringing the highway
cruising rpm down.
Old January 29th 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

NetMax wrote:

> I don't know if this has been mentioned but the NC2 ('09, '10..) have
> a taller 6th gear on the manual transmission, bringing the highway
> cruising rpm down.

Uh-oh, sounds like Chris D. might be getting one of those. ;-)

I also like the idea of a taller gear for highway cruising.

Pat
Old January 30th 10, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Well, as far as horrible top posters go, I'm not soooo bad! ;-)
Pat, Feb Autocross is next weekend!

Chris
99BBB

Old January 30th 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Wow, I just saw that! Can this be confirmed by others? I know that I could
do the digging but some of you know, come on and jump in here!
I drooled over the PRHT last evening at the Houston Auto show. They only had
one Miata there (usually 2 or 3) and it was a pretty much loaded example at
about $32k! Mazda also only had one RX8 (usually 1 or 2) and it was the top
of the line (world's best production car seats) R3 edition. Pretty sweet!
The Mazda 2 was anything BUT exciting. I'm guessing it's quite a great car
and that with some 'work' it'll be something decent.

Chris
99BBB

Old January 30th 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Well, as far as horrible top posters go, I'm not soooo bad! ;-)
> Pat, Feb Autocross is next weekend!
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Hmmmmmm, very interesting. I have the Miata running again but have not
bitten the bullet on a new set of tires and an alignment yet.

That is some costly rubber and I keep running into other expenses. I
know, excuses, excuses. ;-)

Pat
Old January 30th 10, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Wow, I just saw that! Can this be confirmed by others? I know that I
> could do the digging but some of you know, come on and jump in here!
> I drooled over the PRHT last evening at the Houston Auto show. They only
> had one Miata there (usually 2 or 3) and it was a pretty much loaded
> example at about $32k! Mazda also only had one RX8 (usually 1 or 2) and
> it was the top of the line (world's best production car seats) R3
> edition. Pretty sweet! The Mazda 2 was anything BUT exciting. I'm
> guessing it's quite a great car and that with some 'work' it'll be
> something decent.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

I am also leaning more and more towards the NC. With the PRHT and a
taller highway gear it is sounding very interesting.

I did not like the looks very much when they came out but it has been
growing on me every time I look at one, especially in blue, black or silver.

Maybe time to take another test-drive today. Hopefully they will be
foolish enough let me take a 2006 or 2007 model out by myself this
time.........

Pat
Old January 30th 10, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Well, as far as horrible top posters go, I'm not soooo bad! ;-)

Yeah, you are, maybe even WORSE! <G>

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old January 31st 10, 02:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Ouch! ALMOST makes me want to start bottom posting ............
nahhhhhh! (that bottom posting has NEVER made sense to me!)

Chris
99BBB

Old January 31st 10, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

I agree on the best colors. Oddly, I've liked the NC right from the get go.
To me, it's always looked like a fresh / modern version of the NA car rather
than an evolution of the NA NB series. The front grill might not have been
'aggressive but it was at least reasonably good looking. This latest 'joker
from the Batman series' grill that they are plastering on EVERY car, SUCKS!
Man, the Japanese car companies are lost on design these days. Acura has
ruined every car they sell (looks wise), Toyota's cars are just butt ugly,
Mazda is applying horrible 'corporate-think' front grills. Even Honda isn't
doing much to impress. They seem to be copy-catting Toyota if anything.
What's coming of them!?

Chris
99BBB

Old January 31st 10, 03:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> I agree on the best colors. Oddly, I've liked the NC right from the get
> go. To me, it's always looked like a fresh / modern version of the NA
> car rather than an evolution of the NA NB series. The front grill might
> not have been 'aggressive but it was at least reasonably good looking.
> This latest 'joker from the Batman series' grill that they are
> plastering on EVERY car, SUCKS! Man, the Japanese car companies are lost
> on design these days. Acura has ruined every car they sell (looks wise),
> Toyota's cars are just butt ugly, Mazda is applying horrible
> 'corporate-think' front grills. Even Honda isn't doing much to impress.
> They seem to be copy-catting Toyota if anything. What's coming of them!?
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

As usual, I agree with that.
Chris could go pick my car out for me, we have almost identical tastes
in almost all things automobile-related.

Pat

different oil thread... peter Mazda 1 March 10th 09 06:15 PM
AWA [OFFER] Genuine HeliCoil Thread Repair Kit HeliCoil Inserts HeliCoil Gauge & Thread [email protected] General 0 May 3rd 06 11:51 AM
Another mileage thread- 90s Cher-GW? Stupendous Man Jeep 8 April 25th 06 07:01 PM
High Mileage VW Bug Mileage Paul Regal VW air cooled 51 April 5th 05 07:36 AM
Car Wax - 04 Thread Johnny Hashbrowns General 3 May 17th 04 02:05 AM