Centering spring (FFB)

Old May 30th 13, 01:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default Centering spring (FFB)

Ok, it looks like I found it.
The main thing is that Centering Spring should be at 50%. This is
for natural FOV and "cockpitLookDeadZone" at 0.000000.
Driver's 100/50/50/50 and in-game 50.0/100% works well. I presume
in-game Damper should be at 100%. Everything else is to your liking.
I just went to try to lower driver's Damper and Spring, but then
iRacing went off.
I tested Centering Spring at Modified Sebring, with Dallara, and
driver's Spring and Damper, as well as in-game settings at Okayama with
Skippy.

Old June 2nd 13, 07:11 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
Ok, it looks like I found it.
The main thing is that Centering Spring should be at 50%. This is
for natural FOV and "cockpitLookDeadZone" at 0.000000.
Driver's 100/50/50/50 and in-game 50.0/100% works well. I presume
in-game Damper should be at 100%. Everything else is to your liking.
I just went to try to lower driver's Damper and Spring, but then
iRacing went off.
I tested Centering Spring at Modified Sebring, with Dallara, and
driver's Spring and Damper, as well as in-game settings at Okayama with
Skippy.

Oops, again I made a mistake. I didn't play iRacing for some time,
so I forgot to turn linearity on. Centering Spring of 50% works with
unlinear setting, and it looks like 50% is the only right setting for
unliearity.
It looks like linear setting accepts all values of Centering Spring,
only I still didn't find the best setting for my system. I am a bit tired of
all of this.
Gee...

Old June 2nd 13, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

[...]

Ok, I got it.
Linear setting doesn't accept all values of Centering Spring.
This is how you balance FFB.
Put this in Logitech drivers: 100/0/0/0.
You will notice that force is too strong. It turns into center. I
presume that this force is actually the Centering Spring.
Now rise Spring to balance that centering force. On my system this
happens at 7%. This gives you the distance between Spring and Centering
Spring, which is 7% on my system.
Now simply put everything to default (100/100/100/100), and make the
distance between Spring and Centering Spring, which is 7% on my system.
So, now I have 100/100/100/93.
And that's it.

Old June 3rd 13, 03:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

"Mario Petrinovic" wrote in message ...

[...]

Hm, interesting thing happened. This, before, was with
"cockpitLookDeadZone" being 0.000000. Now I tried all this with the default
"cockpitLookDeadZone" of 0.050000.
And what happened? Now the Centering Spring/Spring gap was even
smaller, only 1%. It looks like the right "cockpitLookDeadZone" for my
system is somewhere around 0.055000.

Old June 9th 13, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

[...]

Hm, that is dead end, wrong.
Now I am simply trying to find the right "cockpitLookDeadZone".
The right driver and in-game settings a driver - the deafult, in
game - 50.0/50%.
I tested cockpitLookDeadZone all the way up to 0.075000, and it
looks like it is even higher.

Old June 10th 13, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
Now I am simply trying to find the right "cockpitLookDeadZone".
The right driver and in-game settings a driver - the deafult, in
game - 50.0/50%.
I tested cockpitLookDeadZone all the way up to 0.075000, and it
looks like it is even higher.

Ok, I found it. It is 0.09 on my system.