Question: Not 100% on topic But its Vette Parts... (just think of itas a small C4)

Old September 12th 09, 06:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Evan[_2_]

Default Question: Not 100% on topic But its Vette Parts... (just think of itas a small C4)

So I have a kit car I would call it, its a 72 Datsun 240z, SBC ZZ4
(Bone stock) with a 700r4 attached to it, that's fine and dandy, it
was a brand new (circa 2003-2005) B&M New in box tranny, Some how
After 4 years of light use (less then 2k miles a year; no racing just
a little freeway and drives to the beach - Toganga Canyon or PCH) I've
DESTROYED Drive-3... So I took it in the mechanic i use told me 2k to
get
it redone... telling me that there are upgrades to the parts that i
clearly must of blown out with my frat boy racing style.

First Why do you think they failed? I check fluids every time before i
take it out, I've got not stain in the garage, so i don't think it was
a lack of fluid.

So my Question is Do say screw it and Move to the T-56 or TR-6060?
I've always wanted a 6 speed in this Z and well if i blew out 1
automatic who says I cant blow out the next?

Will a T-56 TR-6060 last better then a fixed 700r4?

I am just sick of my fun weekend car being broken....

Old September 13th 09, 02:49 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
kickstart

On Sep 12, 1:58*pm, Evan > wrote:

> I've always wanted a 6 speed in this Z
> I am just sick of my fun weekend car being broken....

If you want a manuel , get one.
You answered your own question