Honda Element Right Hand Dive?

Old March 22nd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Honda Element Right Hand Dive?

I read that the Element is made in ohio would a dealer in the USA be
able or willing to sell a right hand drive version for importing into
the UK? I also read that RHD version is imported from Ohio to Japan
for the Japanese market.

Thanks

Bob.

Old March 22nd 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

bobbymobile wrote:

> I read that the Element is made in ohio would a dealer in the USA be
> able or willing to sell a right hand drive version for importing into
> the UK? I also read that RHD version is imported from Ohio to Japan
> for the Japanese market.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob.

---------------------------

That would be great for people with RURAL postal routes.

'Curly'
Old March 22nd 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"'Curly Q. Links'" > wrote in
:

> bobbymobile wrote:
>>
>> I read that the Element is made in ohio would a dealer in the USA be
>> able or willing to sell a right hand drive version for importing into
>> the UK? I also read that RHD version is imported from Ohio to Japan
>> for the Japanese market.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bob.

> ---------------------------
>
> That would be great for people with RURAL postal routes.

Yeah. I notice at least some of Canada Post's vehicles have steering wheels
on BOTH sides, like a trash truck.

The actual private contractors that deliver on rural routes in my area
either have small cars that they can reach across easily, or they just
drive the wrong way (into traffic) on the shoulder.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old March 22nd 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

bobbymobile wrote:
> I read that the Element is made in ohio would a dealer in the USA be
> able or willing to sell a right hand drive version for importing into
> the UK? I also read that RHD version is imported from Ohio to Japan
> for the Japanese market.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob.

Probably best to try for a personal import on a low mileage Jpn spec car
(from Jpn)

You will have to convert headlights, speedo and fit a rear fog lamp etc.
Also not sure about spares........
Probably no warranty either.
Old March 23rd 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Bozo wrote:
> bobbymobile wrote:
>> I read that the Element is made in ohio would a dealer in the USA be
>> able or willing to sell a right hand drive version for importing into
>> the UK? I also read that RHD version is imported from Ohio to Japan
>> for the Japanese market.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bob.
>>

> Probably best to try for a personal import on a low mileage Jpn spec car
> (from Jpn)
>
> You will have to convert headlights, speedo and fit a rear fog lamp etc.
> Also not sure about spares........
> Probably no warranty either.

itd be easier to get all the necessary parts from a japanese junkyard,
and convert an american car over. importing/registering a JDM spec car
in the USA is very very difficult unless its over 25 years old.