Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Old December 21st 05, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Zombywoof wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 05:04:59 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> > wrote:
>

>>I like the way they never have a job take that ever possible giant leap
>>sideways.... you can eat off the shop floor, none of these "broken" cars
>>ever leak, none ever have a frozen bolt and none have intermittent problems.
>>

> I do indeed have a friend who's shop you could conduct surgery in. He
> is way anal about a place for everything and everything in its place
> and has got mops & buckets along with plenty of Quick-Dri. More then
> one Muscle Car has puked its precious bodily fluids all over the
> floor, but they do not stay there for long.
>
> From the interior shots I've seen of Jay Leno's working garage it is
> also a rather clean & tidy place.
>
>>I never watch the show but I would think that, if they want a third body in
>>the shop, it should at least be some "eye candy".
>>

> Ah the infamous Tool Girl.

I would have loved for that brunette to have been my tool girl.

--
Obie f.k.a. Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

AHPBBFM posting rules: http://tinyurl.com/ak694
AHPBBFM links page: http://tinyurl.com/a9qsx

Old December 21st 05, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

John wrote:
> "Zombywoof" > wrote in message
>
>>On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 05:04:59 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> wrote:
>>

>>>I like the way they never have a job take that ever possible giant leap
>>>sideways.... you can eat off the shop floor, none of these "broken" cars
>>>ever leak, none ever have a frozen bolt and none have intermittent
>>>problems.
>>>

>>I do indeed have a friend who's shop you could conduct surgery in. He
>>is way anal about a place for everything and everything in its place
>>and has got mops & buckets along with plenty of Quick-Dri. More then
>>one Muscle Car has puked its precious bodily fluids all over the
>>floor, but they do not stay there for long.
>>
>>From the interior shots I've seen of Jay Leno's working garage it is
>>also a rather clean & tidy place.
>>
>>>I never watch the show but I would think that, if they want a third body
>>>in
>>>the shop, it should at least be some "eye candy".
>>>

>>Ah the infamous Tool Girl.

> Wasn't her name Mimi?

Heidi. ARRRROOOOOOO!!! Pant pant

Old December 21st 05, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

OH AND....
Wound Up suits you SO much better.

nyaah!

KJK

Old December 21st 05, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

KJ.Kate wrote:
> OH AND....
> Wound Up suits you SO much better.
>
> nyaah!

It's pretty awkward, though, don't you think? I mean it's an adjective.
Obie is my actual nickname, and it was my dad's at one time. I'm
still the same anxious, testy, blabbering freak of nature I've always
been. I just haven't really liked the 'nym "Wound Up" for a while now.

OK DAMMIT??

Old December 21st 05, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Jim Warman wrote:
> I like the way they never have a job take that ever possible giant leap
> sideways.... you can eat off the shop floor, none of these "broken" cars
> ever leak, none ever have a frozen bolt and none have intermittent problems.
>

> I never watch the show but I would think that, if they want a third body in
> the shop, it should at least be some "eye candy".

All that doesn't really matter, when you have the high dollar epoxy
floor cover that kind of stuff wipes right up!

--

Oh, you are out of your rabbid assed mind.- KJK

Old December 21st 05, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Obie f.k.a. Wound Up" > wrote in message
: KJ.Kate wrote:
: > OH AND....
: > Wound Up suits you SO much better.
: >
: > nyaah!
: >
:
: It's pretty awkward, though, don't you think? I mean it's an adjective.
: Obie is my actual nickname, and it was my dad's at one time. I'm
: still the same anxious, testy, blabbering freak of nature I've always
: been. I just haven't really liked the 'nym "Wound Up" for a while now.
:
: OK DAMMIT??
:
:

NO - DAMNIT!
WoundUp suits your personality better.
Obie is Like Obie One Karnuba or some such Star Wars nonsense. a real belly
button contemplator. I think the only belly buttons YOU contemplate are on
girls! Not that it is a bad thing, but you get my drift.

But, you can be whoever you want to be and if you don't like a nick, then
change it to whatever you want it to be.

You will always be "That Punk Kid" to me

J/K

ok, damnit?

KJK

Old December 21st 05, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

KJ.Kate wrote:
> "Obie f.k.a. Wound Up" > wrote in message
> : KJ.Kate wrote:
> : > OH AND....
> : > Wound Up suits you SO much better.
> : >
> : > nyaah!
> : >
> :
> : It's pretty awkward, though, don't you think? I mean it's an adjective.
> : Obie is my actual nickname, and it was my dad's at one time. I'm
> : still the same anxious, testy, blabbering freak of nature I've always
> : been. I just haven't really liked the 'nym "Wound Up" for a while now.
> :
> : OK DAMMIT??
> :
> :
>
> NO - DAMNIT!
> WoundUp suits your personality better.
> Obie is Like Obie One Karnuba or some such Star Wars nonsense. a real belly
> button contemplator. I think the only belly buttons YOU contemplate are on
> girls! Not that it is a bad thing, but you get my drift.

I appreciate the input. I truly am wound tighter than a snare drum.
I'm only laid back when unconscious (and even then, only sometimes).
The 'nym just seemed awkward. For now, I've changed f.k.a. to a.k.a.
At least it's not "d.b.a.", right? Speak NOT of him, I know....

And do I -ever- have a thing for tan little belly buttons. Ah,
summertime... so far away until I feign complete disinterest in all the
hotties prancing around

> But, you can be whoever you want to be and if you don't like a nick, then
> change it to whatever you want it to be.

Boring is not my style and never has been.

> You will always be "That Punk Kid" to me
>
> J/K
>
> ok, damnit?

ALRIGHT THEN damnit

Now DON'T GET ME GOING, or I'll slam another Tuesday brew, and take aim
at some poor sap. It's been a while, and the bloodstains on my rusty
cam are flaking off. Maybe what this place NEEDS is a good slap in the
face, a good kick in the chomskies. HUH? WHAT?

--
Obie a.k.a. Wound Up

Old December 21st 05, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Obie a.k.a. Wound Up" > wrote
: > You will always be "That Punk Kid" to me
: >
: > J/K
: >
: > ok, damnit?
: >
:
: ALRIGHT THEN damnit
:
: Now DON'T GET ME GOING, or I'll slam another Tuesday brew, and take aim
: at some poor sap. It's been a while, and the bloodstains on my rusty
: cam are flaking off. Maybe what this place NEEDS is a good slap in the
: face, a good kick in the chomskies. HUH? WHAT?
:

Yea yea yeaaaa.....
sheesh... you aren't so tough.

KJK

Old December 21st 05, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

KJ.Kate wrote:
> "Obie a.k.a. Wound Up" > wrote
> : > You will always be "That Punk Kid" to me
> : >
> : > J/K
> : >
> : > ok, damnit?
> : >
> :
> : ALRIGHT THEN damnit
> :
> : Now DON'T GET ME GOING, or I'll slam another Tuesday brew, and take aim
> : at some poor sap. It's been a while, and the bloodstains on my rusty
> : cam are flaking off. Maybe what this place NEEDS is a good slap in the
> : face, a good kick in the chomskies. HUH? WHAT?
> :
>

> Yea yea yeaaaa.....
> sheesh... you aren't so tough.

Don't think so? Thankfully, many people underestimate me. It gives
you an advantage. I was slamming 40s, getting chased by cops and
fighting skinheads in NYC with my friends when I was 15 years old.
Believe me, I learned a thing or two. Some cokehead once had to make
his point clear to me with a snub .38 inches from my chest. I
technically stole a car when I was 14. I brought it back; my friends
and I just used it to learn to drive a stick. I think we roasted the
clutch a bit. I've been to jail. I've had to stand toe-to-toe with
BIG guys who could kill me, and not blink. I told a whole room of guys
they could bring it if they wanted, and laughed because I couldn't
believe I actually just said "bring it".

I'm not totally proud of all that stuff, but I also never get messed
with by people who aren't complete idiots. I know some sit around, all
day, looking for victims. I never look like a victim, and hopefully I
never will be. The occassional bar idiot, I let be; I don't want to
spend the night with this jerk in the county tank. I could break his
freaking jaw, but why get an assault charge? I've found that your
eyes, your posture and your walk do more for you than anything ever
could.

Tough is a state of mind.

Old December 21st 05, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:28:50 -0500, Jimmy >
wrote:

>Yes. But worse than haveing 3 guys on a show called Two Guys, have you
>noticed they NEVER have an "oh ****!" moment or a bold that won't
>loosen, and the car starts on the first crank after installing the
>nitrous wet system with a 24lb blower/turbo combo with optional
>superduper jet pack. Of course no dyno tuning needed as well!
>
>Great show, but certainly entertainment; with the operating room
>cleanliness and ease of installations it makes it super obvious they
>have normal car guys set up the whole thing and have the hosts come in
>for the last 1 and 3/4 turn of the rachets and torque wrenches.

yeah, I agree. It's far from how things usually go. And the equipment
they use is far form what the average Joe has available in his garage.

>I got REALLY upset when I saw Sam Memolo pushing "The Tornado". I though
>with so many good products for I just CAN'T believe this guy is pushing
>*this* POS.

Same here.. money talks.