Let's face it: There's no Frugality without Biking or Walking

Old May 10th 10, 03:57 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore

Default Let's face it: There's no Frugality without Biking or Walking

On May 10, 6:58 am, Jens Müller > wrote:

> Am 08.05.2010 16:29, schrieb His Highness the TibetanMonkey,
> ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises:

> > A friend once told me of his negative experience bicycling in Germany
> > 30 years ago. He complained it was like a “blood sport.” However, he
> > rode on the roads with the cars for two reasons; he did not have a map
> > showing the bike paths and there were few signed bicycle routes back
> > then. We almost never ride on high-traffic roads; most of the time we
> > are on some type of bike path or at least a low-traffic road.

> "At least"? Better a low traffic road than a "bike path"? Why do I sue
> authorities to take back obligations to use cycle paths? For people like
> you?

Listen, I'm COMANDANTE BANANA, which means I'm the boss of the
revolution. I'm all for "ideas" from Germany, Holland, etc, but not
exactly your regulations.

The ANARCHIST CYCLIST riding fast belongs on the road, but I'd mandate
the car to CLEAR THE LANE 30' BEFORE AND AFTER, so the cyclist and the
car can share the road safely.

I'm for borrowing ideas from Curitiba when it comes to public
transportation, so we will put in place the best solutions out there,
even if only in our mind.

And I can name you sub-comandante for Germany..

Proform 840 Treadmill Walking Belt [email protected] Technology 0 May 22nd 09 05:18 AM
Stop driving and start biking [email protected] Driving 10 October 5th 07 04:51 AM
Do bicyclists ever get arrested for drunk biking?? Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 54 September 4th 07 11:40 PM
Good J-Walking Gravy! Steve B Driving 5 January 29th 07 07:35 PM
Face to face with death, today 223rem Driving 4 August 5th 05 01:56 AM