Toyo T1-S 14" 55 Section

Old February 19th 05, 07:02 PM
gixer

Default Toyo T1-S 14" 55 Section

Has anyone else fitted Toyo T1-S 195/14 55 tyres, if so what's your
opinion?
Did it make much difference to the gearing and ride going from 60 section
tyres to 55?
I make it as about a -1.3% difference in gearing so it cannot be to drastic
a difference, but if anyone has this size fitted your experience would be
much appreciated.

Cheers,

Old February 19th 05, 11:13 PM
Leon van Dommelen

"gixer" > wrote:

>Has anyone else fitted Toyo T1-S 195/14 55 tyres, if so what's your
>opinion?

The very best tire for 14".

>Did it make much difference to the gearing and ride going from 60 section
>tyres to 55?

No. The ride is great.

>I make it as about a -1.3% difference in gearing so it cannot be to drastic
>a difference, but if anyone has this size fitted your experience would be
>much appreciated.

You cannot get gearing errors from looking at the tire size. They
are not accurate enough. You need to look at the manufacturers
specification of revs per mile. The T1-S 195/55 R14 lists as
924 revs/mile. The miata.net calculator gives 899 revs/mi,
2.5 percent error right there.

The difference here is probably to your advantage performance wise,
and freedom-from-tickets wise, unless Greece has no speed limits.
(Actually, maybe even if it does not.)

In any case, more important, performance-wise, might be the lighter
weight of the Toyo tires.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old February 19th 05, 11:32 PM
gixer

Thanks Leon,

Due to a buckled wheel the initial plan was to up the wheel size to 15" or
16", but its proving imposable to find decent wheels here, so I Managed to
get the buckled wheel straightened.and have decided to stick with the stock
14" wheels, as it's a jap import V-Spec it has the hollow 7 spoke wheels
anyways, so not a bad starting point.
I'll try the 55 Section Toyo's and let you guys know.

Cheers.

news

Old February 20th 05, 05:24 AM
Chris D'Agnolo