Getting Rid of Smell

Old April 6th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Getting Rid of Smell

I have '65 that sat outside for over 10yrs. Infested w/ rats, rat
****, papers. . .
MAN does it reek. I've got all the inside gutted, put baking soda on
the floor for a few days to absorb the smell, let it air out but it
still is really awful.
Any suggestions on getting the smell out?
Thanks.

Old April 6th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

Bleach.

oups.com...

Old April 6th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Les Benn

the smell is coming from oils left behind. Get in there with some cleaner,
or media blast the inside
oups.com...

Old April 7th 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Apr 6, 2:13 pm, Spike > wrote:
> On 5 Apr 2007 20:29:12 -0700, wrote:
>
> >I have '65 that sat outside for over 10yrs. Infested w/ rats, rat
> >****, papers. . .
> >MAN does it reek. I've got all the inside gutted, put baking soda on
> >the floor for a few days to absorb the smell, let it air out but it
> >still is really awful.
> >Any suggestions on getting the smell out?
> >Thanks.

> Go to a carpet cleaner and get some of the product they use for
> ridding carpets of pet odors... it's an enzime solution which
> essentially eats the stuff up.
>
> You say you stripped the interior. Does that include the heater and
> vents/vent hoses? Quite often that is where the buggers build their
> nests.

Thanks. I am stripping it. So far all the carpet/flooring/seats/
trunk/glove box.
I had not made it yet to to heater/hoses or AC bolt on yet. It is in
the plan but I'm just starting out and figured I look for answers.
I'll do that and probably all the other things posted.

Old April 7th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Apr 6, 6:49 am, Tony > wrote:
> wrote:
> > I have '65 that sat outside for over 10yrs. Infested w/ rats, rat
> > ****, papers. . .
> > MAN does it reek. I've got all the inside gutted, put baking soda on
> > the floor for a few days to absorb the smell, let it air out but it
> > still is really awful.
> > Any suggestions on getting the smell out?
> > Thanks.

> If you plan on restoring it, take it to get media blasted..

That is in the plan...down the road.

smell geewiz VW water cooled 2 February 14th 07 12:26 AM
I smell gas! tinak Jeep 8 January 31st 07 04:46 PM
smell of gas rustyrootdown Honda 2 October 17th 06 01:29 AM
Still smell gas Scott in Baltimore Jeep 0 January 10th 06 06:39 AM
**Gas Smell** Brian Jeep 5 March 22nd 05 02:58 PM