(4) Z06 and a GT

Old March 26th 06, 07:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default (4) Z06 and a GT

"Đavīd" > wrote in message
> First off, I am *ONLY* posting this because I have read where people
> looking for a Shelby GT500 might consider getting a Corvette Z06.
> Secondly, I don't know much about the vettes as I don't keep up with them.
> My next four wheel vehicle will be a Ford, and the one after that, etc.
>
> Here goes...
> I am selling my 2005 F-150 4WD, advertised locally, and this guy called
> inquiring about my truck. Turns out he is a buyer for several large
> dealerships in my area. He also wants to buy my 2004 Mach 1which isn't for
> sale yet. Gonna be damn sure I'm getting a Shelby GT500 before I let it
> go. Yeah, I'm like everyone else interested in a Shelby, in line waiting.
> I don't know where I stand, only the dealer whom I've purchased many new
> cars from says I'm near the front. This dealer said they are getting one
> for sure and maybe two. This same dealer got three GT's when they were
> suppose to get only one. There is hope.
>
> Anyway, he tells me he can get a Shelby GT500 and it will be over MSRP. I
> told him I'll take my chances in line. I've got a good feeling it's going
> to be really close to MSRP.
>
> Then the guy goes on to say he's got four Corvette Z06 coming and you can
> pick the color right now. He says they are going for $10,000 over MSRP.
> OK, before you guys and gals flame me for posting this, like I said, I
> don't follow vettes so I don't know if this is a good deal or not. I am
> under the impression the Z06 is limited and every dealer isn't getting
> one.
>
> Next, the guy says he's got a tungsten 2006 GT, MSRP $166,000, coming in
> three to six weeks. He hasn't decided what he's going to ask for it, kinda
> hinted it would be under $200,000. My local dealer whom got three GT's
> sold all of them over $200,000.
>
> The guy's name is Mac and his number is 252-268-8933
>
> Davīd
> Greenville, NC

MSRP on the 2006 Ford GT is $149,995!
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/ford/gt/index.html
There are plenty still sitting in show rooms
Right now they are selling for Very Near that, within $20,000 of MSRP...

Old March 26th 06, 09:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

351CJ wrote...

> MSRP on the 2006 Ford GT is $149,995!
> http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/ford/gt/index.html
> There are plenty still sitting in show rooms
> Right now they are selling for Very Near that, within $20,000 of MSRP...

My original post didn't come through on my computer. I guess there is sump'tin wrong with my news server. Thanks for quoting.

When he said that, I questioned him saying the '05 GT MSRP was $155,000. His response was different options. ŋWhom am I to know? The GT is way out of my league. If I have been mislead, I am beginning to regret posting my original message.

Davīd
Greenville, NC
Old March 26th 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

351CJ wrote:

> MSRP on the 2006 Ford GT is $149,995!
> http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/ford/gt/index.html
> There are plenty still sitting in show rooms
> Right now they are selling for Very Near that, within $20,000 of MSRP...

An acquaintance of mine just picked one up that had 1800 miles on it for
$130k. Even brand new they're not going for anywhere near $200k.

It would be so much nicer if Ford would join the 21st century and sell
directly to consumers. Except for service on the vehicle, the dealer
network is mostly unnecessary and just adds inefficiency to the process.
Ford could cut off off the dealers in the lowest 5% sales percentile
each year and over 5-10 years they'd get rid of most of the dead wood.
That would apply a huge disincentive to sit on cars for prices higher
than MSRP.

Cheers,
Old March 26th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 06:32:45 GMT, "351CJ" > wrote:

>"Đavīd" > wrote in message
>> First off, I am *ONLY* posting this because I have read where people
>> looking for a Shelby GT500 might consider getting a Corvette Z06.
>> Secondly, I don't know much about the vettes as I don't keep up with them.
>> My next four wheel vehicle will be a Ford, and the one after that, etc.
>>
>> Here goes...
>> I am selling my 2005 F-150 4WD, advertised locally, and this guy called
>> inquiring about my truck. Turns out he is a buyer for several large
>> dealerships in my area. He also wants to buy my 2004 Mach 1which isn't for
>> sale yet. Gonna be damn sure I'm getting a Shelby GT500 before I let it
>> go. Yeah, I'm like everyone else interested in a Shelby, in line waiting.
>> I don't know where I stand, only the dealer whom I've purchased many new
>> cars from says I'm near the front. This dealer said they are getting one
>> for sure and maybe two. This same dealer got three GT's when they were
>> suppose to get only one. There is hope.
>>
>> Anyway, he tells me he can get a Shelby GT500 and it will be over MSRP. I
>> told him I'll take my chances in line. I've got a good feeling it's going
>> to be really close to MSRP.
>>
>> Then the guy goes on to say he's got four Corvette Z06 coming and you can
>> pick the color right now. He says they are going for $10,000 over MSRP.
>> OK, before you guys and gals flame me for posting this, like I said, I
>> don't follow vettes so I don't know if this is a good deal or not. I am
>> under the impression the Z06 is limited and every dealer isn't getting
>> one.

10k over MSRP on a Z06? What he been smoking? At worst its MSRP, and
most often a lot better. GM is hurting too.

>> Next, the guy says he's got a tungsten 2006 GT, MSRP $166,000, coming in
>> three to six weeks. He hasn't decided what he's going to ask for it, kinda
>> hinted it would be under $200,000. My local dealer whom got three GT's
>> sold all of them over $200,000.

Well he was attempting to pick your wallet on that one as well.

>> The guy's name is Mac and his number is 252-268-8933
>>
>> Davīd
>> Greenville, NC
>>

>MSRP on the 2006 Ford GT is $149,995!
>http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/ford/gt/index.html
>There are plenty still sitting in show rooms
>Right now they are selling for Very Near that, within $20,000 of MSRP...

Moderation is for monks."

ZombyWoof
(take the dogs when replying via e-mail)
Old March 26th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Zombywoof wrote...

> Well he was attempting to pick your wallet on that one as well.

Not my wallet. It takes a mortgage for me to come off that kind of money and I'd be looking at a house.

Davīd
Greenville, NC
Old March 26th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:13:53 -0500, Đavīd > wrote:

>Zombywoof wrote...
>> Well he was attempting to pick your wallet on that one as well.

> Not my wallet. It takes a mortgage for me to come off that kind of money and I'd be looking at a house.
>
> Davīd
> Greenville, NC

Ditto, although my Pops once paid that much for a horse.
--
This is not The Land of Do-As-You Please
Remember, remember, the 5th of November!