C3 Aftermarket Air Questions

Old August 29th 04, 08:06 PM
frank

Default C3 Aftermarket Air Questions

Hi,

In preparation for the restoral of my '71 ragtop. I've been considering
installation of after-market air. I have a few questions I hope you guys
can answer for me:

1. I've heard that Hot Rod Air has a good kit. Are any other
Vette-specific options available?

2. Will an aftermarket system blow hard and cold enough to keep the inside
of a ragtop cool?

3. Does it integrate into the existing heater somehow, or does it have
it's own blower unit?

4. How difficult are they to install?

5. If I chose to have a mechanic install one, about how much should I
expect to pay? What about going to a local shop that specializes in
after-market AC unit installs?

6. From what I can tell, the unit itself, w/o install seems to be around
$1000. Is that about average for such units?

Many thanks guys.
--
HFK
'71 Ragtop
Old August 30th 04, 01:53 AM

Take a look at Vintage Airs products too.

Old August 30th 04, 01:53 AM

Take a look at Vintage Airs products too.

Questions, questions, questions Vernon Balbert BMW 15 January 16th 05 03:01 AM
First BMW - 318iS - few questions? Kevin Rhodes BMW 5 November 16th 04 10:02 PM
E36 Wheels and Suspension questions Jim P. BMW 4 November 11th 04 05:35 PM
2001 740I(L) Questions FSJ BMW 3 October 6th 04 11:59 AM
Some more newbie questions Ypnos Alfa Romeo 7 June 23rd 04 10:35 AM