Logitech MOMO Racing vs. Driving Force Pro

Old August 4th 05, 07:33 PM
jon

Default Logitech MOMO Racing vs. Driving Force Pro

Logitech MOMO Racing vs. Driving Force Pro ... what's the consensus?

Not terribly interested in 900 deg lock - wheel is intended for use on a
PC - GTR, LFS, RBR, etc.

Currently using a regular PS2 Driving Force - it's getting a bit long in the
tooth and the gearing is a bit, er, knobbly.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Old August 4th 05, 09:47 PM
Alan Bernardo

"jon" > wrote in message
> Logitech MOMO Racing vs. Driving Force Pro ... what's the consensus?
>
> Not terribly interested in 900 deg lock - wheel is intended for use on a
> PC - GTR, LFS, RBR, etc.
>
> Currently using a regular PS2 Driving Force - it's getting a bit long in
> the tooth and the gearing is a bit, er, knobbly.
>
> Any comments welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance.

There seems to be a lot of good things said about the DFP, which is easily
searched on the internet. I have a MOMO, the red, the latest.

I like my MOMO. One thing to consider (since I know little else when
comparing the DFP and MOMO) is cost. If I'm not clearly disillusioned, the
DFP is about 60 bills more than the MOMO. So assuming the DFP is better
(simply through cost analysis ), are you willing to spend the extra $60
for the better wheel?

That's all I have to offer.

Alanb

Old August 4th 05, 10:27 PM
jon

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote:

> There seems to be a lot of good things said about the DFP, which is easily
> searched on the internet. I have a MOMO, the red, the latest.
>
> I like my MOMO. One thing to consider (since I know little else when
> comparing the DFP and MOMO) is cost. If I'm not clearly disillusioned,
> the DFP is about 60 bills more than the MOMO. So assuming the DFP is
> better (simply through cost analysis ), are you willing to spend the
> extra $60 for the better wheel?

Good point. The DFP is more expensive, however I wonder how much of that
extra $$ is for the 900 degrees and the PS2 compatability. Is there an
appreciable difference in build quality for example? Anyone out there own
both?

Old August 4th 05, 10:49 PM
jon

"jon" > wrote in message

> "Alan Bernardo" > wrote:
>>
>> There seems to be a lot of good things said about the DFP, which is
>> easily searched on the internet. I have a MOMO, the red, the latest.
>>
>> I like my MOMO. One thing to consider (since I know little else when
>> comparing the DFP and MOMO) is cost. If I'm not clearly disillusioned,
>> the DFP is about 60 bills more than the MOMO. So assuming the DFP is
>> better (simply through cost analysis ), are you willing to spend the
>> extra $60 for the better wheel?

> Good point. The DFP is more expensive, however I wonder how much of that
> extra $$ is for the 900 degrees and the PS2 compatability. Is there an
> appreciable difference in build quality for example? Anyone out there own
> both?

To confuse things further, there is a supplier here in the UK selling both
models for around the same price -
http://www.savastore.com/catalog/bro...page=2&vc=LGTC

Old August 4th 05, 11:27 PM
Fillyourboots

jon wrote:
> "jon" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Alan Bernardo" > wrote:
>>>
>>> There seems to be a lot of good things said about the DFP, which is
>>> easily searched on the internet. I have a MOMO, the red, the
>>> latest. I like my MOMO. One thing to consider (since I know little else
>>> when comparing the DFP and MOMO) is cost. If I'm not clearly
>>> disillusioned, the DFP is about 60 bills more than the MOMO. So
>>> assuming the DFP is better (simply through cost analysis ), are
>>> you willing to spend the extra $60 for the better wheel?

>> Good point. The DFP is more expensive, however I wonder how much of
>> that extra $$ is for the 900 degrees and the PS2 compatability. Is
>> there an appreciable difference in build quality for example? Anyone out
>> there own both?

> To confuse things further, there is a supplier here in the UK selling
> both models for around the same price -
> http://www.savastore.com/catalog/bro...page=2&vc=LGTC

Jo, are you in the UK? If you have a Gamestation store near you, it might be
worth your while contacting them as I'm sure they had the DFP for £49.99
new, and less for 2nd hand.

++
Fillyourboots

Old August 4th 05, 11:42 PM
jon

"Fillyourboots" > wrote ...

> Jo, are you in the UK? If you have a Gamestation store near you, it might
> be worth your while contacting them as I'm sure they had the DFP for
> £49.99 new, and less for 2nd hand.

I am - thanks for the tip, will check it out.

Old August 5th 05, 12:18 AM
R Keating

jon wrote:
> "Fillyourboots" > wrote ...
>

>>Jo, are you in the UK? If you have a Gamestation store near you, it might
>>be worth your while contacting them as I'm sure they had the DFP for
>>£49.99 new, and less for 2nd hand.

> I am - thanks for the tip, will check it out.

The only thing bad I've read about the DFP is that is has more "slop"
than other wheels in the center position. I don't know if this is all
the time or when in maximum degrees or the minimum setting. I also
don't know how bad the "slop" is.

I've heard the pedals stink (bad design), but it's really the wheel I am
interested in.

Russell
Old August 5th 05, 04:35 AM
David G Fisher

"R Keating" > wrote in message
> jon wrote:
>> "Fillyourboots" > wrote ...
>>

>>>Jo, are you in the UK? If you have a Gamestation store near you, it might
>>>be worth your while contacting them as I'm sure they had the DFP for
>>>£49.99 new, and less for 2nd hand.

>> I am - thanks for the tip, will check it out.
>>

> The only thing bad I've read about the DFP is that is has more "slop" than
> other wheels in the center position. I don't know if this is all the time
> or when in maximum degrees or the minimum setting. I also don't know how
> bad the "slop" is.
>
> I've heard the pedals stink (bad design), but it's really the wheel I am
> interested in.
>
> Russell

I feel absolutely no "slop" or lag in the center of the wheel at all. Smooth
and precise from side to side. Can't say enough good things about the wheel.
Best piece of harware I've ever bought. I honestly wouldn't trade it for
*any* other wheel right now. To Jon, the 900 degree of steering lock is
good for the PC because it's adjustable now. Set it wherever you want.

I think the pedals are about as good as they get for stock pedals, but it's
certainly would be better to have some high end pedals to match up with this
wheel.

--
David G Fisher

Old August 5th 05, 08:08 AM
Joao Gonzalez

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> "R Keating" > wrote in message
>> jon wrote:
>>> "Fillyourboots" > wrote ...

>>> I am - thanks for the tip, will check it out.
>>>

>> The only thing bad I've read about the DFP is that is has more "slop"
>> than other wheels in the center position. I don't know if this is all
>> the time or when in maximum degrees or the minimum setting. I also don't
>> know how bad the "slop" is.
>>
>> I've heard the pedals stink (bad design), but it's really the wheel I am
>> interested in.
>>
>> Russell

> I feel absolutely no "slop" or lag in the center of the wheel at all.
> Smooth and precise from side to side. Can't say enough good things about
> the wheel. Best piece of harware I've ever bought. I honestly wouldn't
> trade it for *any* other wheel right now. To Jon, the 900 degree of
> steering lock is good for the PC because it's adjustable now. Set it
> wherever you want.
>
> I think the pedals are about as good as they get for stock pedals, but
> it's certainly would be better to have some high end pedals to match up
> with this wheel.
>

> --
> David G Fisher

I own both: I bought a Momo Racing in March after my Momo Force died on me
and bought a DFP last weekend when I had to take the Momo Racing to the
store to get the pedal bug fixed (they said it takes a month to repair).

DFP has more precise control and better Force Feedback: I broke my PB in
Enna (GTR) after only a few laps with the DFP and I hadn't picked up GTR in
months. Momo Racing looks better.

Problem is both the DFP and the Momo Racing suffer from the pedal problem so
its only a matter of time before the pedals in the DFP start acting up too
and I have to rob a bank and get some serious pedals.

Anyone has advice to offer as to wich of these 3 I should get:: ECCI, BRD
Speed 7, Frex?

Old August 5th 05, 03:15 PM
Jone Tytlandsvik

Joao Gonzalez wrote:

> I own both: I bought a Momo Racing in March after my Momo Force died
> on me and bought a DFP last weekend when I had to take the Momo
> Racing to the store to get the pedal bug fixed (they said it takes a
> month to repair).

Would you say the DFP is even better then the discontinued Momo Force?

Jone