Citizen Issues Parking Ticket to Cop

Old April 23rd 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Felix Dzherzhinsky

Default Citizen Issues Parking Ticket to Cop

"Elias D" > wrote in message
m...
> Brent P wrote:
>

>>>There's the heart of the matter; a newly minted lawyer looking to
>>>make a name for himself. Not a citizen concerned about a violation
>>>of the law.

> The heart of the matter is an authority figure abusing power.

snip...

....but which authority figure? The cop who parks in a no-parking zone (oh,
heinous crime) or the lawyer that uses his authority for personal
entertainment/gain?
we've had problems here with local lawyers getting all gung-ho and
litiginous (sp?)regarding minor statutes and regulations to the point that
their neighbors want nothing to do with them. Isn't that abusing one's
power?

> There are two things dirty cops fear -- the law and cameras. The last
> thing a smart cop wants to do is to screw with a lawyer.

parking in a no-parking zone makes one a 'dirty cop'?

>>>It brings to mind the question; if it had been Joe Average parking
>>>there instead of a cop, would 'Citizen Bryant' have even bothered?

>> The cop would have ticketed Joe's car either on the way in or the
>> way out, it's part of a cop's performance objectives to keep his
>> numbers up and that's a nice free-bee. Bryant wouldn't have had to
>> do anything.

I meant Mr. Bryant, not the cop. Had Joe Average parked his pickup in a
no-parking zone (with no cop around) and wandered in to pick up an order,
would Mr Bryant have even mentioned it to him? Probably wouldn't have said
a thing, there being no advantage.

Bryant could've solved the entire issue by dropping a line to the cop's
supervisor with name, badge #, date, place, etc. it DOES work.
Instead, being a lawyer, he hauls the cop into court for lots of publicity
and exposure, thus wasting the court's time and the public's money.

People sure do love to hate cops..
(and lawyers, i do admit it)

Old April 23rd 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Felix Dzherzhinsky wrote:

>"Elias D" > wrote in message
om...

>> The heart of the matter is an authority figure abusing power.

>snip...
>

>...but which authority figure? The cop who parks in a no-parking zone (oh,
>heinous crime) or the lawyer that uses his authority for personal
>entertainment/gain?
>we've had problems here with local lawyers getting all gung-ho and
>litiginous (sp?)regarding minor statutes and regulations to the point that
>their neighbors want nothing to do with them. Isn't that abusing one's
>power?
>

>> There are two things dirty cops fear -- the law and cameras. The last
>> thing a smart cop wants to do is to screw with a lawyer.

>parking in a no-parking zone makes one a 'dirty cop'?

>>> The cop would have ticketed Joe's car either on the way in or the
>>> way out, it's part of a cop's performance objectives to keep his
>>> numbers up and that's a nice free-bee. Bryant wouldn't have had to
>>> do anything.

>I meant Mr. Bryant, not the cop. Had Joe Average parked his pickup in a
>no-parking zone (with no cop around) and wandered in to pick up an order,
>would Mr Bryant have even mentioned it to him? Probably wouldn't have said
>a thing, there being no advantage.
>
>Bryant could've solved the entire issue by dropping a line to the cop's
>supervisor with name, badge #, date, place, etc. it DOES work.
>Instead, being a lawyer, he hauls the cop into court for lots of publicity
>and exposure, thus wasting the court's time and the public's money.
>
>People sure do love to hate cops..
>(and lawyers, i do admit it)

Maybe it's time to get rid of the ticky-tacky laws randomly and
selectively enforced model?

Old April 23rd 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Felix Dzherzhinsky

or perhaps maybe just maybe it's time to get our priorities in order and
stop playing petty games with an already collapsing legal system.

news snippy snip

Old April 23rd 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Larrybud

"Felix Dzherzhinsky" > wrote in
:

> "Unfortunately for Officer Stensgaard, Bryant had recently
> passed the Oregon bar exam, and decided to pursue the matter
> further."
>
> There's the heart of the matter; a newly minted lawyer looking
> to make a name for himself.
> Not a citizen concerned about a violation of the law.
>
> It brings to mind the question; if it had been Joe Average
> parking there instead of a cop, would 'Citizen Bryant' have even
> bothered?

Well of course not, that would be the cop's job to issue a citation
to Joe Average. But since a cop would never give another cop a
parking ticket, how else do you punish the cop for breaking the law?

Props to this guy, regardless of his motive.

Old April 23rd 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Larrybud

"Felix Dzherzhinsky" > wrote in
:
>> Maybe it's time to get rid of the ticky-tacky laws randomly and
>> selectively enforced model?

> or perhaps maybe just maybe it's time to get our priorities in
> order and stop playing petty games with an already collapsing
> legal system.

So which laws are you willing to let cops break?
Old April 23rd 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Felix Dzherzhinsky wrote:

>> Maybe it's time to get rid of the ticky-tacky laws randomly and
>> selectively enforced model?

>or perhaps maybe just maybe it's time to get our priorities in order and
>stop playing petty games with an already collapsing legal system.

It's no petty game. It may be a petty infraction, but the concepts
involved are anything but. As far as collapsing legal system, it's being
collasped so that people can't fight back, especially for things like
parking tickets.

Old April 23rd 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Harry K > wrote in
:

> I saw that in Saturday's paper, was going to post it but let it slide,
> sorry now. The article I read said the officer claimed that as an
> emergency vehicle, he needed instant access to it and therefore was
> allowed to park in no parking zones even if not on a call.

Cops always say that. Typical govt employee. They make the laws and they
break them and then wonder why taxpayers hate them so much.
Old April 23rd 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

jerry warner > wrote in
:

> small problem - when the police are on duty they can park any place
> they want for any reason. Woooops! The Yuppie
> wannabe forgot about that. Tells you the kind of lawyer that moron is
> going to be - they infest the planet.

You are obviously a paid govt shill sent here to defend the lawbreaking
cops.
Old April 23rd 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
Felix Dzherzhinsky > wrote:
>"Unfortunately for Officer Stensgaard, Bryant had recently passed the
>Oregon bar exam, and decided to pursue the matter further."
>
>There's the heart of the matter; a newly minted lawyer looking to make a
>name for himself.
>Not a citizen concerned about a violation of the law.
>
>It brings to mind the question; if it had been Joe Average parking there
>instead of a cop, would 'Citizen Bryant' have even bothered?

No, but Officer Stensgaard would have.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old April 23rd 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Douglas W. \Popeye\ Frederick

"Larrybud" > wrote in message
. 245.20...
> "Felix Dzherzhinsky" > wrote in
> :
>>> Maybe it's time to get rid of the ticky-tacky laws randomly and
>>> selectively enforced model?

>> or perhaps maybe just maybe it's time to get our priorities in
>> order and stop playing petty games with an already collapsing
>> legal system.

> So which laws are you willing to let cops break?

The same ones I'm willing to let everyone else break.

A skilled, armed man lives on a plane of security and contentment
different from that of others. The man who cannot cut it, envies,
fears and sometimes hates the man who can. -Cooper

Popeye/ www.finalprotectivefire.com