Big rig drivers slow down to save fuel

Old March 23rd 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

Default Big rig drivers slow down to save fuel

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
> > wrote in :
>

> > Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> >>
> >> Why doesn't this stupid country get smart and lower speed limits for
> >> everyone - and enforce it strictly?.
> >>

> > Why don't you shut up?
> >

> Because i'm right.

No, you are an idiot. Slower speeds on the freeways would just mean
people would have an incentive to take shortcuts through your lawn,
anything to reduce commute times. Of course it's side roads where
people are often killed.

--
Like the Uruguayan rugby team crashed in the Andes mountains,
Hillary is "ALIVE!".
Old March 23rd 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Mitchell Holman

"Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
> wrote in :

> Sid9 wrote:
>>
>> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
>> > wrote in message

>> > Why don't you shut up?
>> >

>> > --
>> > Like the Uruguayan rugby team crashed in the Andes mountains,
>> > Hillary is "ALIVE!".

>> We did in WWII....but
>> we won that war when
>> all of America
>> mobilized...instead of
>> this fiasco.
>>
>> 3,966 dead...no end in sight
>>

> How many Americans died in WWII?

What does WWII have to do the Iraq Quagmire?

Mitchell Holman

World War I (US involvement), 19 months
War II (US involvement), 44 months
Iraq War, *60* months, with no end in sight....

Old March 23rd 08, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Smirnoff

attack' )" > wrote in message

> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>
>> "Sid9" > wrote in
>> news:eniFj.24449$vr3.1955 @bignews2.bellsouth.net:

>> > I forgot to mention that the nationwide speed limit
>> > was 35 MPH
>> >

>> I've read that also. 35 mph would be fantastic now. If
>> it was enforced, road deaths would drop by half at least.
>>

> Most road deaths, you idiot, happen on side streets, not
> on freeways. In fact, it's even more glaring when you
> talk about time spent on the road.

You are so right there Bondo. I have no time to stay alive. I have to get
to work.

Old March 23rd 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics

Mitchell Holman wrote:

> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
> > wrote in :
>

> > Sid9 wrote:
> >>
> >> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"

> >> We did in WWII....but
> >> we won that war when
> >> all of America
> >> mobilized...instead of
> >> this fiasco.
> >>
> >> 3,966 dead...no end in sight
> >>

> > How many Americans died in WWII?

> What does WWII have to do the Iraq Quagmire?

You brought up WWII.

> World War I (US involvement), 19 months
> War II (US involvement), 44 months
> Iraq War, *60* months, with no end in sight....

What is your point? How long should the US have fought the Cold
War? Or were you one of those Liberals who wanted to give up in
1958?

Old March 23rd 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Sid9

"Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
> wrote in message
>

> Mitchell Holman wrote:
>>
>> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
>> > wrote in
>> :

>> > How many Americans died in WWII?

>> What does WWII have to do the Iraq Quagmire?
>>

> You brought up WWII.

We won WWII decisively because the American people supported it.
We won WWII because the whole country mobilized.
We won WWII because we had competent leadership.

We lost jr's cluster**** because he did have America's support when he
started it
We lost jr's cluster**** because he did not mobilize the entire country
We lost jr's cluster**** because he is an incompetent leader

Old March 23rd 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Mitchell Holman

:

> Mitchell Holman wrote:
>>
>> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
>> > wrote in
>> :

>> > How many Americans died in WWII?

>> What does WWII have to do the Iraq Quagmire?
>>

> You brought up WWII.

No, I didn't.

>> World War I (US involvement), 19 months
>> War II (US involvement), 44 months
>> Iraq War, *60* months, with no end in sight....
>>

> What is your point?

The point is that no public will support an
overseas war indefinately. The British public
tired of the US revolution, the American public
tired of Vietnam, the Russian public tired of
Afghanistan. Overseas wars cannot sustained for
decades, as Bush and McCain expect the US to be
doing in Iraq.

> How long should the US have fought the Cold War?

The Cold War was a political confrontation, not
a war.

> Or were you one of those Liberals who wanted to give
> up in 1958?

The US was actively engaged in overseas war in 1958?

Old March 23rd 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics

Sid9 wrote:

> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
> > wrote in message
> >

> > Mitchell Holman wrote:
> >>
> >> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
> >> :

> >> What does WWII have to do the Iraq Quagmire?
> >>

> > You brought up WWII.

> We won WWII decisively because the American people supported it.

So the American people don't support winning the war against bin
Ladenism?

> We won WWII because the whole country mobilized.

How come the Cold War took so long?

> We won WWII because we had competent leadership.

Tell me what different policies you'd suggest?

> We lost jr's cluster**** because he did have America's support when he
> started it

So he had support when he started to the fight?

> We lost jr's cluster**** because he did not mobilize the entire country

How would you suggest doing that?

> We lost jr's cluster**** because he is an incompetent leader

What would you do differently?

> >> World War I (US involvement), 19 months
> >> War II (US involvement), 44 months
> >> Iraq War, *60* months, with no end in sight....
> >>

> > What is your point? How long should the US have fought the Cold
> > War? Or were you one of those Liberals who wanted to give up in
> > 1958?

Answer these questions.

Old March 23rd 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Gary DeWaay

Mitchell Holman's at wisdom:

> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
> > wrote in
> :
>

> > Mitchell Holman wrote:
> >>
> >> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
> >> :

> >> What does WWII have to do the Iraq Quagmire?
> >>

> > You brought up WWII.
> >

> No, I didn't.
>

> >> World War I (US involvement), 19 months
> >> War II (US involvement), 44 months
> >> Iraq War, *60* months, with no end in sight....
> >>

> > What is your point?

> The point is that no public will support an
> overseas war indefinately. The British public
> tired of the US revolution, the American public
> tired of Vietnam, the Russian public tired of
> Afghanistan. Overseas wars cannot sustained for
> decades, as Bush and McCain expect the US to be
> doing in Iraq.
>

> > How long should the US have fought the Cold War?

> The Cold War was a political confrontation, not
> a war.
>

> > Or were you one of those Liberals who wanted to give
> > up in 1958?

> The US was actively engaged in overseas war in 1958?

I'm guessing righties are thinking that just because Germany, Japan, and
South Korea like having us around to provide them free military security,
all countries want it.

The difference is that there aren't many religious nuts in Germany, Japan,
and SK that want to kill us because we are there.

--
- Gary
Old March 23rd 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Mitchell Holman

Gary DeWaay > wrote in
:

> Mitchell Holman's at wisdom:
>

>> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
>> > wrote in
>> :

limits

>> > You brought up WWII.
>> >

>> No, I didn't.

>> > What is your point?

>> The point is that no public will support an
>> overseas war indefinately. The British public
>> tired of the US revolution, the American public
>> tired of Vietnam, the Russian public tired of
>> Afghanistan. Overseas wars cannot sustained for
>> decades, as Bush and McCain expect the US to be
>> doing in Iraq.
>>

>> > How long should the US have fought the Cold War?

>> The Cold War was a political confrontation, not
>> a war.
>>

>> > Or were you one of those Liberals who wanted to give
>> > up in 1958?

>> The US was actively engaged in overseas war in 1958?
>>

> I'm guessing righties are thinking that just because Germany, Japan, and
> South Korea like having us around to provide them free military security,
> all countries want it.
>
> The difference is that there aren't many religious nuts in Germany,

Japan,
> and SK that want to kill us because we are there.

You have to wonder how the rightwingers would react to
other countries (say, France) having military bases in the US.

Old March 23rd 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Mitchell Holman

:

> Sid9 wrote:
>>
>> "Bill Bonde ( 'the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack' )"
>> > wrote in message

>> > You brought up WWII.

>> We won WWII decisively because the American people supported it.
>>

> So the American people don't support winning the war against bin
> Ladenism?

What is "bin Ladenism"?