Another police department caught with a quota.

Old March 20th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Another police department caught with a quota.

Jaybird will continue to deny reality I'm sure.

------------------------

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1659.asp
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...1.4480344.html

<...>
Red Oak City Council member Ben Goodwyn said police issued almost 1,800
traffic tickets in January, nearly triple the total from January 2006.
Mr. Goodwyn said patrol officers told him they were ordered to issue more
tickets to make up for a projected budget shortfall.

"They were getting threatened with termination, demotion and not getting
raises," Mr. Goodwyn said. "That destroys the morale of the police force."
<...>

Mr. Goodwyn said he has photographs of a bulletin board showing quotas
for each officer. He said officers stopped drivers for speeding as little
as 5 mph over the limit.

Mr. Goodwyn said he believes the chief ordered the quotas after the
department fell behind its projections for $3.4 million in citations. He
said one officer issued 559 tickets in January, averaging one every 20
minutes.

<...>

Old March 20th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Bernd Felsche

(Brent P) writes:

>Jaybird will continue to deny reality I'm sure.

>------------------------

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1659.asp
>http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...1.4480344.html

><...>
>Red Oak City Council member Ben Goodwyn said police issued almost 1,800
>traffic tickets in January, nearly triple the total from January 2006.
>Mr. Goodwyn said patrol officers told him they were ordered to issue more
>tickets to make up for a projected budget shortfall.

>"They were getting threatened with termination, demotion and not getting
>raises," Mr. Goodwyn said. "That destroys the morale of the police force."
><...>

A useful counter-measure is to focus on the transgressions of those
who insist that tickets be written. :-)
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | "If we let things terrify us,
X against HTML mail | life will not be worth living."
/ \ and postings | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.
Old March 20th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> Jaybird will continue to deny reality I'm sure.
>
> ------------------------

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1659.asp
> http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...ies/DN-redoak_
> 18met.ART0.North.Edition1.4480344.html
>
> <...>
> Red Oak City Council member Ben Goodwyn said police issued almost
> 1,800 traffic tickets in January, nearly triple the total from January
> 2006. Mr. Goodwyn said patrol officers told him they were ordered to
> issue more tickets to make up for a projected budget shortfall.
>
> "They were getting threatened with termination, demotion and not
> getting raises," Mr. Goodwyn said. "That destroys the morale of the
> police force." <...>
>
> Mr. Goodwyn said he has photographs of a bulletin board showing quotas
> for each officer. He said officers stopped drivers for speeding as
> little as 5 mph over the limit.
>
> Mr. Goodwyn said he believes the chief ordered the quotas after the
> department fell behind its projections for $3.4 million in citations.
> He said one officer issued 559 tickets in January, averaging one every
> 20 minutes.

What is wrong with quotas?? No one is claiming the alleged criminals are
innocent so what's the problem if these killer speeders are caught.?
Old March 20th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
Drivers are MURDERERS, a hypocritical connoisseur of GAY KID PORN,
spewed forth this crapola all over the landscape in rec.autos.driving:

> What is wrong with quotas?? No one is claiming the alleged criminals are
> innocent so what's the problem if these killer speeders are caught.?

Is that what you told the cop before or after you kicked his teeth in??

Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend (a.k.a. SADDAM) admits to being
a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler:

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/Speeders And Drunk Drivers
Are Murderers (SADDAM)), 10/3/2002
http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg

Proof that POA is LBMHB/lbVH/SADDAM:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj
Old March 20th 07, 09:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
jaybird

"Brent P" > wrote in message
. ..

> Jaybird will continue to deny reality I'm sure.

There's not really anything to deny. Quotas are illegal and I do not
support them, do not support ticket revenue as part of a budget, and do not
support administrators who push them. I think cops should be able to write
as many tickets as they want to, enforce laws in all areas with a focus on
high-collision areas, and enforce all traffic laws equally.

---
jaybird

Old March 20th 07, 12:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mike T.

"Brent P" > wrote in message
. ..

> Jaybird will continue to deny reality I'm sure.
>
> ------------------------
>
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1659.asp
> http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...1.4480344.html

"The police chief budgeted $3.4 million in citation revenue, which required
each officer to issue 320 tickets a month."

I know cops don't work banker's hours. But 320 tickets a month with an
average stop time of about 20 minutes? Do the math, and you will see that
these cops had no time to do ANYTHING but write traffic tickets for 5-over
the limit on major highways. There's more to a cop's shift than just patrol
duty. Figure a couple of hours each shift (minimum) will be wasted on
paperwork, briefings, etc. So let's figure about 120 working hours a month
is left for traffic patrol duty. Yup, 3 tickets per hour sounds about
right.

Meanwhile, how many rapes, robberies, and other violent crimes were
committed in the same area? -Dave

Old March 20th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article ews.net>, Mike T. wrote:

> Meanwhile, how many rapes, robberies, and other violent crimes were
> committed in the same area? -Dave

Not their problem.

Old March 20th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, jaybird wrote:

> "Brent P" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> Jaybird will continue to deny reality I'm sure.

> There's not really anything to deny. Quotas are illegal and I do not
> support them, do not support ticket revenue as part of a budget, and do not
> support administrators who push them. I think cops should be able to write
> as many tickets as they want to, enforce laws in all areas with a focus on
> high-collision areas, and enforce all traffic laws equally.

Yet you've taken the stance that the quotas just don't exist for years.

Old March 20th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mike T.

"Brent P" > wrote in message
news
> In article ews.net>,
> Mike T. wrote:
>
>> Meanwhile, how many rapes, robberies, and other violent crimes were
>> committed in the same area? -Dave

> Not their problem.

Yup. If someone gets raped and/or murdered, nobody gets fired. But if
someone doesn't meet their ticket quota? Now some poor cop is
omeless. -Dave

Old March 20th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Mar 20, 9:38 am, "Mike T." > wrote:
> "Brent P" > wrote in message
>
> news >
> > In article ews.net>,
> > Mike T. wrote:

> >> Meanwhile, how many rapes, robberies, and other violent crimes were
> >> committed in the same area? -Dave

> > Not their problem.

> Yup. If someone gets raped and/or murdered, nobody gets fired. But if
> someone doesn't meet their ticket quota? Now some poor cop is
> omeless. -Dave

Well, if the portrayals from Hollywood productions have any realism
(cough cough) it seems if a cop uses deadly force to stop a murderer
or rapist he ends up on either desk duty, traffic duty or suspended.
Of course, remembering that Hollywood is a few square miles surrounded
by reality.