Howdy, My shop has bent my throwout bearing?

Old May 5th 07, 09:40 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Steve Nicholson

Default Howdy, My shop has bent my throwout bearing?

Thanks for opening this note. Does this make sense? When installing a new
clutch slave cyl. they set it to expand to 19mm the book says 11 to 12mm.
I think my slave cyl expanded too much and bent my pressure plate and bent
my throwout bearing fork out of position resulting in a now non working
situation. Any similar reports out there? Thanks for you time, Steve

Old May 6th 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Peter L

It doesnt seem likely that the beefy hardened steel parts bent, maybe it
popped the holding clips out of the swing arm that the Throwout bearing
rides or pivots on. Take a surf over to alfabb.com and ask any of the gurus
there. I am sure someone has a suggestion or solution. Good luck.
"Steve Nicholson" > wrote in message
.. .
> Thanks for opening this note. Does this make sense? When installing a
> new clutch slave cyl. they set it to expand to 19mm the book says 11 to
> 12mm. I think my slave cyl expanded too much and bent my pressure plate
> and bent my throwout bearing fork out of position resulting in a now non
> working situation. Any similar reports out there? Thanks for you time,
> Steve

late model throwout bearing Cletus[_2_] VW air cooled 3 April 6th 07 04:06 AM
Howdy Malcolm VW air cooled 0 March 6th 07 02:59 AM
greasing throwout bearing? Nate Nagel Technology 13 May 16th 06 05:07 AM
Throwout Bearing?? Will Honea Jeep 6 February 23rd 05 04:11 AM
Throwout bearing? Noise? ray Technology 7 January 7th 05 06:48 AM