Besides being refurb whats wrong with this video card?

Old August 13th 05, 02:58 PM
John Smith

Default Besides being refurb whats wrong with this video card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16814102515R

I was thinking of getting this, but it sounds like it's to good to be true?
Any thoughts appreciated..

Old August 13th 05, 03:37 PM
Don Scurlock

"John Smith" > wrote in news:i0nLe.164214$X76.85873
@tornado.texas.rr.com:

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16814102515R

$127 for a used one or $165 for a OEM on the same site, sounds reasonable.
Don
Old August 14th 05, 06:42 PM
John Cauthen

I bought one of these new in March of 2004, for $230. It's a good card, but
my Geforce 6800 (I got the OC version from BFI) outperforms it by ~30%. I
still use it in my second computer and it's very solid and holds up well to
most games, although Tiger Woods 2005 will bring it to its knees.

.. .

Old August 14th 05, 07:25 PM
Praxiteles Democritus

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:42:02 -0400, "John Cauthen"
> wrote:

>I bought one of these new in March of 2004, for $230. It's a good card, but
>my Geforce 6800 (I got the OC version from BFI) outperforms it by ~30%. I
>still use it in my second computer and it's very solid and holds up well to
>most games, although Tiger Woods 2005 will bring it to its knees.

Tiger Woods 2004 plays silky smooth on my PC and it only cost me $9.99
CAD at Walmart. ;-)