5.7 Omega Cats great in F1C

Old August 2nd 05, 06:44 PM

Default 5.7 Omega Cats great in F1C

Just a followup to my whining about the X800XL -
Put my 9700Pro back in and installed the Omega version of the 5.7 cats,
I got a 13MTri/sec boost from what I was seeing the last time I ran it
(45->58, was on 5.4 or 5.5, I think)). Running 1280x960 2xAA/4xAF and
everything is great.

Kendt

Old August 4th 05, 04:28 AM

Not that I can notice - 60FPS in car in practice, been too busy w/work
to play much.

Kendt

Old August 4th 05, 11:18 PM

I'll test some more myself - Are you comparing ATI 5.7 to Omega 5.7?
I haven't been able to play alot recently (all the time eaten up by
that X800!) - so I honestly can't remember what driver version I last
had running GTR, LFS, etc.

Kendt

PS - I know I've seen posts here and there complaining about 5.7's in
some sims.

Old August 6th 05, 04:07 AM

I'll roll back and see what I get - I think some folks at RSC are
happier with the older drivers too - I play alot of other games, so the
5's are better in other stuff. Man - like I need another XP install...

Kendt

Old August 6th 05, 05:23 AM

You are correct - just loaded the 4.12a Omega's, and got an extra 10FPS
in GTR.
I'll have to see if I can live with performance in other games, or make
a secondary install for the 5.7's

Kendt

Old August 6th 05, 05:44 AM

As further info - RBR seems slower. I bet true DX9 games are slower on
the 4's. Time for another XP install.

Kendt

Old August 6th 05, 10:38 PM

Just go to the Radeon Omega Drivers start menu item and choose
"Uninstall Setup files..."
It'll uninstall all the Omega files and utilities - make sure to select
to uninstall the drivers, too. Reboot and install any other version.

HTH,
Kendt

Old August 7th 05, 04:54 PM
Dave Henrie

Uwe =?iso-8859-15?Q?Sch=FCrkamp?= > wrote in
:

> Thanks for the info. Just went back to ATI 4.12 and regained the > 100
> FPS in LFS S2.
>
> Cheers, uwe

Which seems to indicate the feature set of the newer cards contains some
heavy processing duties which are not being turned on by the older
drivers.

dave henrie

My wife's headaches, ( a real sad story, and a great frustrating mystery) [email protected] Technology 20 May 11th 05 01:17 PM
Great Xmas Gift 4RDTRIP General 0 October 14th 04 02:39 PM
GREAT AVIATION READS Cribsheet General 0 September 11th 04 06:20 PM