Chrysler Pentastar returns

Old August 23rd 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

Default Chrysler Pentastar returns

Lovely:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler

Old August 25th 07, 10:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ted Mittelstaedt

"who" > wrote in message
> Lovely:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler
> > On August 3, 2007 after the announcement of the spin-off of Chrysler to
> > Cerberus, the Detroit Free Press announced that Chrysler LLC or "The New
> > Chrysler" will unveil the new company logo on August 6, 2007 at the

company
> > headquarters. "The New Chrysler" launched its new website with a new
> > variation of the previously used Pentastar logo.

Very wise. The Pentastar is a lot simpler and more recognizable from a
distance. Probably it's cheaper to print as well. And it's more
recognizable to
the general public than the new medallion.

Ted

Old August 26th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:31:38 UTC, "Ted Mittelstaedt"
> wrote:

> "who" > wrote in message
> > Lovely:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler
> > > On August 3, 2007 after the announcement of the spin-off of Chrysler to
> > > Cerberus, the Detroit Free Press announced that Chrysler LLC or "The New
> > > Chrysler" will unveil the new company logo on August 6, 2007 at the

> company
> > > headquarters. "The New Chrysler" launched its new website with a new
> > > variation of the previously used Pentastar logo.

> Very wise. The Pentastar is a lot simpler and more recognizable from a
> distance. Probably it's cheaper to print as well. And it's more
> recognizable to
> the general public than the new medallion.
>
> Ted

Ted,
If you are speaking of the "ribbon medallion", it goes back to 1924
with the Chrysler 70, thus not new.

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"
Old August 27th 07, 11:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ted Mittelstaedt

> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:31:38 UTC, "Ted Mittelstaedt"
> > wrote:
>

> > "who" > wrote in message
> > > Lovely:
> > >
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler

New

> > company

> > Very wise. The Pentastar is a lot simpler and more recognizable from a
> > distance. Probably it's cheaper to print as well. And it's more
> > recognizable to
> > the general public than the new medallion.
> >
> > Ted

> Ted,
> If you are speaking of the "ribbon medallion", it goes back to 1924
> with the Chrysler 70, thus not new.

I know. I meant "new" in that Chrysler started using it again recently.

Ted

Old August 27th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Lloyd[_2_]

On Aug 25, 5:31 am, "Ted Mittelstaedt" > wrote:
> "who" > wrote in message

> > Lovely:

> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler
> > > On August 3, 2007 after the announcement of the spin-off of Chrysler to
> > > Cerberus, the Detroit Free Press announced that Chrysler LLC or "The New
> > > Chrysler" will unveil the new company logo on August 6, 2007 at the

> company
> > > headquarters. "The New Chrysler" launched its new website with a new
> > > variation of the previously used Pentastar logo.

> Very wise. The Pentastar is a lot simpler and more recognizable from a
> distance. Probably it's cheaper to print as well. And it's more
> recognizable to
> the general public than the new medallion.
>
> Ted

Yes, but it was a company emblem, not a brand emblem. What's your
Dodge emblem? Is it different from your Chrysler emblem? If not,
why? Chrysler obviously wants people to differentiate the 2 brands.
(Would GM use the Chevy bow-tie for Buick?)