International pickup brake drums needed

Old October 6th 04, 03:20 PM
partsmore

Default International pickup brake drums needed

Looking for a source for front drums w/ hubs for an
International pickup truck
-----

BUDD # 72468 / #73069

12" x 2"

--------------

1968 IHC pickcup 3/4T #1200 series 4x4 6 bolt

----

Please email us at

8008113471 1# sales

Thank you

PS" The NEW IHC pickup is an awesum TRUCK!

Old October 20th 04, 07:33 AM
Ted Azito

"partsmore" > wrote in message alkaboutautos.com>...
> Looking for a source for front drums w/ hubs for an
> International pickup truck
> -----
>
> BUDD # 72468 / #73069
>
> 12" x 2"

Probably they are used on something else as well. The key to owning
Binders is a Hollander manual. If you can figure out what GM, Ford or
Mopar product used your desired part your odds of getting it multiply
greatly.

But yes, they are great old trucks.
Old November 4th 04, 06:00 AM
James Goforth

A neighbor has a '72 International 3/4 ton, 2wd automatic. The truck
is remarkably rust- and dent- free for it's age and being in Iowa. He
wants $750 or best offer (!) for it, but nobody seems interested in it.
It supposedly runs good.
If it could be bought for less than that I would think you'd have a
lot of truck for not a lot of money.
I'd been looking for a cheap used full size pickup just to haul and
pull stuff as need be. I see plenty of Fords, Chevys & Dodges, but of
course hardly any Binders.
Are parts expensive/hard to find for these trucks?
Are they difficult to work on?
Why are they so scarce in the first place?
Are they generally owned by people who have a 'thing' for Binders?
The neighbor who owns this truck just snagged it at an estate auction,
so he's not a Binder fan by any means.
Meanwhile I don't know anyone who really is into them myself.
I think they're kind of cool, but then there's a lot to be said for
just buying a Chevy.
Oh yeah, and why do they all them BINDERS?????

Old November 4th 04, 07:09 PM
Roger Brown

James Goforth wrote:

> A neighbor has a '72 International 3/4 ton, 2wd automatic. The truck
> is remarkably rust- and dent- free for it's age and being in Iowa. He
> wants $750 or best offer (!) for it, but nobody seems interested in it.
> It supposedly runs good.
> If it could be bought for less than that I would think you'd have a
> lot of truck for not a lot of money.
> I'd been looking for a cheap used full size pickup just to haul and
> pull stuff as need be. I see plenty of Fords, Chevys & Dodges, but of
> course hardly any Binders.
> Are parts expensive/hard to find for these trucks?
> Are they difficult to work on?
> Why are they so scarce in the first place?
> Are they generally owned by people who have a 'thing' for Binders?
> The neighbor who owns this truck just snagged it at an estate auction,
> so he's not a Binder fan by any means.
> Meanwhile I don't know anyone who really is into them myself.
> I think they're kind of cool, but then there's a lot to be said for
> just buying a Chevy.
> Oh yeah, and why do they all them BINDERS?????

A Google search for "International Harvester Binder" will bring up lots
of hits. I think the name binder came about from the mfg. who also made
lots of farm equipment, like combines, I always heard the IH products
referred to as "Corn Binders" when I was a kid, trucks or farm
machinery.

--
Roger